D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

eayres33

Explorer
Phaendar’s Market Festival draws a crowd from all over Nirmathas, many solely to hear Aubrin the Green, the retired Chernasardo Ranger-turned-Caydenite cleric, recount bawdy tales of adventure from her youth. Outside, the celebration continues, as raucous shouts carry on the night air. Warmed by the firelight after a long day, any levity comes as a welcome reward to the rough, earthy souls of this riverside trade town.

As the crowd settles in at the Taproot Inn, Aubrin continues to tell a tale.

“So there I am, thinking, when will I ever be able to talk to a bear again? So before the grizzly can stand back up, I turn to it and say, ‘All I need is the honey. You can keep the bees!’” The room erupts into laughter as Aubrin finishers her winding story and takes another draught from her tankard. “But it’s fine now. All’s good. She named a cub after me. Someday I’m going to have to check in on little Ow Oh Gods That’s Too Many Bees.”

GM: As Aubrin goes to refill her tankard, several other people take center stage to share their stories of adventure. Feel free to share your stories with the whole bar, or talk to each other at the bar, or any of the tables. The main room of the bar is 30x35 with four round tables and a 15ft long bar on the right wall.

Ironfang Invasion OOC http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?540832-Ironfang-Invasion-5E-conversion-(OOC)

Rogues' Gallery http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...Invasion-Rogues-Gallery&p=7086655#post7086655

Last edited:

Jason.knepper

First Post
Code:
Raux snorts a little at the bear tale and grabs another swig of whiskey from his flask. He sits quietly and listens to the other tales, figuring others have better stories and are better story tellers. He scans the crowd frequently watching hands and eyes, an old habit from too many armed camps of mixed companies.

Perception check: 1d20+4 15

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
A large woman stands up, saying "Okay, I got one for you..." She is dressed in the habit of a Sister of Paladine. Her eyes are bright above her rosy cheeks as she relates a tale of pulling a dozen wounded soldiers out of battle, over a river, under fire from a dragon, during a blizzard. She comes across a little to hesitant, stumbling over some of the details. She finishes her tale, there is a little bit of polite laughter and clapping, then she sits back down.

SunGold

First Post
Corsa laughs and applauds as Aubrin finishes her tale, genuinely surprised to be amused. She hadn't expected much in the way of entertainment in this backwater speck of a town. She applauds the Sister's tale as well, approving of the bravery of anyone willing to follow an act like Aubrin's. Tempted as she was to stand up and tell a sordid tale of her own, that would defeat the whole point of being here: laying low.

Instead, she heads to the bar to get fresh drinks for herself and her elven travelling companion, not bothering to look for marks. There wasn't going to be anyone in this place worth robbing.

When she gets back to their table, she hands Vin his ale and then raises her own in his direction. "To your health, Vin. A man of the people if ever I've met one. Which I definitely haven't," she adds with a laugh. She takes a sip of her ale and eyes him with the slightest of grins. "You should tell a tale, you know. Maybe something to do with magic? I'd tell my own, but they'd be deadly dull in comparison."

OOC: If this post assumes more knowledge of Vin's story than he would've shared, let me know and I'll edit it. :)

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
The room is happy, if not more than a little drunk. Sister Grace’s story is met with polite clapping. The room then falls fairly quiet. The bar and many tables still have loud talks of tall tales.

GM: Raux everything sounds as you would expect the bar of an inn to sound on the first night of a 2 day festival. Almost everyone is drinking and many excited voices are heard both in the inn and on the streets.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Over at the bar, a dwarf sits by himself, listening to the stories and applauding any who dare take the stage.

As Sister Grace tells about pulling wounded soldiers from battle, he becomes very quiet. After a few seconds, tiny transparent drops of water seem to appear around the dwarf, although when they fall upon any surface, it does not get wet.

Upon noticing this effect, the dwarf snaps his fingers in an annoyed fashion, and the drops dissappear.

He claps a little louder than the other spectators after the Sister's tale, and raises his ale in salute.

OOC: Prestidigitation for the magical tears.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal sat at a table, his back to the wall and his pack besides him, eating a bowl of mutton stew with a smile - such simple, hearty fare. The beer here was, he had to admit, much better than home, although he dearly missed palm wine. The few coins the pilgrims had paid him would suffice for the next few meals. After that... well we would see, the Universe would guide his steps.

Lal's smile faded a bit when the Sister told her tale, and he glanced worriedly at Harb sitting besides him. He knew that Harb was troubled from past battle experiences. Lal was thankful that all his fights had been "clean" - nasty skirmishes yes, but against brigands or worse, his conscience was clear. He hoped it remained this way.

The sister's tale over, he clapped with the others and then turned to Harb: "try some of this beer, it is quite good".

River Song

Explorer
Vin grinned at Corsa, "The stories and songs I know are a little rude and require a lot more drink before I can relay them." he laughs and swirls his nearly empty drink.

"What the hell," he laughs. "They can laugh with me or at me, as long as they are laughing who cares?!!"

He delivers a raunchy story about the half-orc barmaid and the drunken dwarven warrior.

[roll0]

OOC: : oops should have been -2 so 18 total.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Nat 20, niiice!

Corsa is practically howling by the time Vin finishes his tale, and she cheers raucously with the rest of the room when he finishes.

When he gets back to the table, she's regained her composure enough to give him a faux-scandalized look. "Vin, that was not the sort of tale I was expecting from a highborn elf...it was much better," she says, breaking into laughter again.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint really wanted to dislike the elf's tale about drunken dwarves and eager half-orc women, but he found he just couldn't. It was just so... fun!

The dwarf applauds loudly, then without thinking shouts across the room, "Hey bartender, this drunken dwarf wants to buy the elf a drink!"

Despite his claim, Flint walks towards the table where Vin and Corsa are seated in a perfectly straight line and winks at the elf. "Fancy a beer, pointy-ear?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases