D&D 5E 5E Sunless Citadel - CG

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
There is no cave. There are a set of rough hewn stairs leading down into the darkness.
The rope looks new and sturdy. It will easily hold two people and getting down would be trivial by holding onto the rope and bracing your feet against the wall.
There are some handholds carved into the stone, which would make for a slightly more difficult climb down. [Athletics DC 10 w/ advantage]

Obeliske

First Post
(I'm assuming the rope and stairs lead in the same direction? If not I'll take the rope)

Tordak grumbles to himself about people always having to take the hard way and proceeds down the stairs.

purplerook

First Post
Ara, High Elf Wizard 1

After looking at the rope and the ravine side, Ara is comfortable that no one will need his assistance. Ara watches the first member of the party begin to descend.

Turning away from the ledge, Ara calls Who back and the two of them scan the surrounding area., When the last party member has descended, Ara descends the rope to the ledge. Peering into the dark area with the stairs. He realizes that Who will not be able to fly and so be vulnerable in the tight confines. Ara dismisses Who and prepares for the descent. He pulls a small piece of leather from his pouch and performs a number of gestures as he chants an incantation. Next, he pulls his long bow from his back and holds it in his hand.

OOC: [MENTION=6763011]Obeliske[/MENTION], my read of Charwoman Gene's text is 1) rope down to ledge covered with bones, and then 2) from the ledge stairs leading down into the darkness.
[MENTION=3552]Char[/MENTION]woman_Gene, I am assuming that Ara can substitute Acrobatics (Dex) for Athletics (str) in the DC10 with Advantage to go down. Also assuming that it would be a similar DC to ascend in case someone cut the rope.

Action: Cast Mage Armor, AC increases to 16=13 (Mage Armor) + 3 (Dex)

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]Ara, Level 1 - Male High Elf Wizard -
HP: 7/7, AC: 13
Initiative: +3, Speed: 30ft, Senses: Passive Perception 12, Darkvision <60' Dark is dim, Dim is light
Saving Throws Str -1, Con +1, Dex + 3, *Int +5, *Wis +2, Chr 0
Abilities:
By Popular Demand
Fey Ancestry - adv vs. charmed, immune sleep

Familiar Who, Owl
Perception +3, Stealth +3, Passive Per 13, Darkvision <120' Dark is dim, Dim is light
AC 11, HP 1
Flyby: provokes no opportunity attack when it flies out of enemy reach
Keen Hearing and Sight: Advantage on Perception checks that rely on hearing or sight

Offense:
Longbow: +5 1d8+3
Short Sword: +5 1d6+3

Spells
C - Green Flaming Blade, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion,Prestidigitation
1st (1/2) - Mage Armor, Silent Image, Shield, Sleep
[/SBLOCK]

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

"Care to scout ahead?" Edgar asked Kuhl, "I'll wait here, if you run into trouble get back here or call for help."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 12/12 (HD: 1/1d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 3/3
Lay on Hands 5/5[/SBLOCK]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl looks at Edgar with a wry smile, uncertain if he is being treated as a servant or a bodyguard. Or a target? Either way, Kuhl is fine. He unties a torch from his backpack, and sets it alight, the dim glow radiating out from him before he again picks up his staff.

"Very well," he says and heads off into the darkness. "Follow when you feel ready."

OOC: Torches left: 9.

I'm not sure if you thought better stealth was possible; it's not from me. Kuhl is human, and I think no one has the Light cantrip.

purplerook

First Post
Ara High Elf Wizard 1

Ara speaks up, “Hold a minute, Kuhl. This is no place to go scouting ahead.” He continues ”Even Tordak's and my vision down here puts us at a disadvantage without some source of light. We need torches or a light spell, and scouting with a torch is asking to be ambushed.”

“We have come here hastily. Let us take a few minutes to sort out a marching order and discuss the various roles. Edgar, Roy, and Tordak; you three have a lot of experience in fighting, perhaps, one of you can suggest how we might proceed.” Ara finishes. He looks expectantly toward the three heavily armored and armed party members.

OOC: All my understanding is that even with Darkvision, a creature has disadvantage without some source of light. So, possibly advantage on stealth, but disadvantage on Perception.
PHB 185. “..dim light as if it were bright light , and in darkness as if it were dim light.”
PHB 183. “In a lightly obscured area, such as dim light,... creatures have disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.”

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

OOC: Sorry that was a total brain fart on my part, somehow I forgot about the "...leading into darkness bit." Too late to edit now, so I guess I'll just have to lean into it <facepalm>

"You are correct Ara, I owe you an apology Kuhl, I am not used to fighting in tunnels, nor am I used to not having scouts. This lack of information is disconcerting, I am happy to take my place at the front but perhaps Tordak could suggest the best coarse for fighting in tunnels.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 12/12 (HD: 1/1d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 3/3
Lay on Hands 5/5[/SBLOCK]