D&D 5E The Divine Hierarchy: Angels and Celestials of Bayonetta

Clockwerk66

First Post
Hello everyone!

For the past several weeks I've been working hard on creating a list of statblocks for the various angelic enemies that appear throughout the Bayonetta series. This is just a little project of mine to celebrate the fact that Bayonetta was re-released on the PC.

I'm currently looking for any and all feedback and suggestions regarding how I can make them as balanced as I can for their intended Challenge Ratings. I've already been tweaking many of them, but some of them are still in their "first pass", as it were, so any assistance you fine gentlemen can provide in this matter would be greatly appreciated. :)

(P.S. Also be advised that some of the statblocks may not display properly for certain monitor configurations.)

Homebrewery Link: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/r1_e40fpx

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
Okay, first piece of criticism...

Angels in Bayonetta have nothing to do with angels in DnD or even angels in popular conception. Think more "Cthulhu's little cousins" and less "representatives of a benevolent god." Especially since the God of the Bayonetta universe was established to be a genocidal psychopath... at least, up until Bayonetta rekilled her.

Basically, the entire celestial conflict in Bayonetta is Lawful Evil (the angels) vs. Chaotic Evil (the demons).

I would suggest considering the angels as being more transplanar abominations than holy beings for purposes of DnD.

Remove ads