The Black Company with Eliza Dushku as the Lady

Am I the only one who would prefer to see this (and other multi-book fantasy epics) as serious, well-done animated series? This series would be a good candidate IMO, as, say, Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen...

AR

Oh my! We’ll see if something comes of this, but it all sounds quite promising. With Game of Thrones moving towards its last two seasons, I think people are definitely looking for materials to make another hit fantasy TV series. I think The Black Company has the right mix of spectacle and grit, so it wouldn’t be completely and horrifically expensive (as much as I love the Malazan Book of the Fallen, for now I think it’s too high-magic to be done as a TV series, and too much material to be done as a movie or movies).

For my part, I always thought of Croaker as looking somewhere between Bruce Spence and Hugh Laurie. Not sure where that came from, as his character descriptions are often pretty minimal.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I was hoping Joe Cocker would get a chance to play Croaker (yeah, I know: more a singer than an actor), but it's too late for that now.

"Cocker" as the "Croaker" would be an obvious draw. . . . :)

Ryujin

Legend
Sounds like something that I'd like to see but then I remember that the number of books that are optioned, and don't end up making it to production, is like the number of kids who play great basketball, but don't make it in the NBA.

So many…Forest of Hands and Teeth, Karl Edward Wagner’s Kane, the Dragonriders of Pern, The Lies of Locke Lamora, Temeraire, all spring to mind.

Sounds like something that I'd like to see but then I remember that the number of books that are optioned, and don't end up making it to production, is like the number of kids who play great basketball, but don't make it in the NBA.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases