Freelancer Seminars at Origins!

Ghostwind

First Post
Attention both publishers and freelancers:

Some of you may remember Richard Stewart (of Durandal Studios) discussing and setting up several seminars at Origins this year targeted at freelancers. Richard had set up a website discussing this (complete with descriptions of the seminars) at:
http://www.durandalstudios.com/studio_folder/origins_2003_events.htm

Apparently, Richard has now dropped off the map and discussions with Mark Santillo (Origins Events Director) shows that the seminars are listed in the events schedule. Here is what they have listed:

#9034 Intro to Freelancing - Hyatt Union C (Sunday 10:00am)
#9041 Making Independent Film & Video - Hyatt Union C (Thursday 7:00pm)
#9035 Writing for d20 Publishers - Hyatt Union D (Friday 11:00am)
#9036 Building a Portfolio - Hyatt Union D (Friday 1:00pm)
#9040 Editing in the Adventure Game Industry - Hyatt Franklin B (Sunday 1:00pm)
#9043 Freelancing As a Team: the Complete Package Proposal - Hyatt Union C (Sunday 1:00pm)
#9037 PDF Publication - Hyatt Delaware A (Friday 4:00pm)
#9038 d20 Design Workshop - Hyatt Delaware A (Saturday 11:00am)
#9039 Marketing Your Art - Hyatt Delaware A (Saturday 1:00am)
#9042 Industry Portfolio Review and Talent Search - Hyatt Delaware D (Saturday 4:00pm)

Since I had volunteered to initially moderate #9035 and #9038 (and since I was apparently stupid enough to go nosing around after no longer hearing anything from Richard about these seminars), I've kinda been handled this mantle of responsibility to help in organizing and filling the other seminar slots.

If you had previously volunteered to serve or moderate any of these seminars, please contact me (ghost.wind@verizon.net) with any information you have. Furthermore, if you are attending Origins and would like to become involved in any of the above seminars (they will last no more than two hours each - most will be shorter), please contact me as soon as possible and let me know which ones you would like to be a part of. There are several where moderators are needed and all are in need panelists.

Thanks.

Ghostwind

First Post
I was thinking something more along the lines of Creative ways to spend that Mountainous amount of spare time between Games :p

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
:D

I so wish I could be there to join you, brother Steve. Have a great time and tip a glass to me when you're winding down some evening. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads