First Post
I'm trying to make a new gnome bard with stats already rolled as
Str-15
Dex13
Con-14
Int-16
Wis-10
Cha-16
I'm trying to make the gnome bard purely performance and illusion. So all feats go towards performing... I think I have the two feat already but not sure if they are the best ones.. Scion of the arts and harmonic spell. Other than that every time I try to make a character sheet I mess up somewhere or just don't understand how I'm not getting enough skill points or how to do other things... Please help me if you can I'd appreciate it.

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
What level is the bard suppose to be?
Did you already apply the racial ability changes; if so, why the 17 in Str instead of Cha?
Personally I'd value Dex over Str unless you intend your bard to get into melee combat (Str = better melee hit/dmg & carry capacity; Dex = better range/spell hit, Ref save & AC/touch AC).
With the stats above you can have 8 maxed skills (9 if you spend your favored class bonus on skill point). Which skills did you want to focus on.
Was there any of the archetypes that interested you?

Assuming your are allowed to take it, Deific Obedience from Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Gods while worshiping Shelyn might be useful. Your obedience is to create a work of art (be it dance, painting, write a poem, etc) while whispering praise to Shelyn. You must gift the work to a stranger, or should none be available, leave it somewhere obvious to be found with a note attached prasing Shelyn. In exchange, you get a +4 sacred bonus on Craft and Perform checks.

You might also want to check out Spellsong, Discordant Voice (once you're >= 11th lvl) and Magnum Opus (though you need to work with your DM to make it worth while).

Last but not least, ask your DM how he/she handles the Profession skill. While not RAW, there are many that would allow you to make skills checks that reasonably fall under the profession. For example, a character without appraise but does have Profession (jeweler) should still be able to "appraise" gems stones as well as jewelry. Or a Profession (carpenter) should be able to use appraise, craft or even perception to notice a secret door/compartment.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases