D&D 5E What sorts of things are you working on? (3PP or personal use homebrew)?

Shiroiken

Legend
Detailing Greyhawk for a player's handout for my next campaign. I did a quick one for my current campaign, and discovered there have been A LOT of superficial changes since 1E, which has created some confusion. For example:

Dwarves speak in a Scandinavian accent, not Scottish (I still have no idea where the hell that came from)

Female Dwarves have beards, as do dwarven young

Dwarves as a rule don't like Elves (Gimili/Legolas was supposed to be the EXCEPTION)

Elves only average 5' tall (I blame the Realms for the overgrown elves)

Elves as a rule don't like Dwarves... or humans much either

Gnomes are not tinkerers and there are no Forest Gnomes in Greyhawk (I need to make my own sub-race)

Half-Orcs are generally hated and feared, so PC Half-Orcs are part of the small percentage that can pass as ugly humans (nor are they super-huge like in WOW)

Kobolds are not related to dragons... nor are all the other dozen or so lizard creatures that speak Draconic because the writers are too lazy to come up with another language

Orcs are pig headed humanoids... nothing like the way they are presented in WOW

You get he idea. Oh, and before anyone tries to point out that Greyhawk does have XYZ, realize this is based on the 1980 and 1983 Folios, as well as the 1E core rule books. Nothing beyond this is canon as far as I'm concerned :)

Currently on the docket:

A preview edition (to be followed later by a full version) of a 5e Realmspace book for DMsGuild. It will be updated to post-Sundering lore for the Forgotten Realms setting, and include updated rules for spell jamming.

A deity lore pamphlet (6th in the series so far) for Amaunator/Lathander, combining researched canon with new non-canon fiction filling in the gaps. An update to post-Sundering status that includes details about inter-deity relationships, rituals and practices of clergy, and a few player options.

A Shaman class design that will be quietly released when it's ready. It will draw inspiration from the 3e Dragon Shaman, 4e Shaman, Shaman King manga/anime, and Fate/Stay Night manga/anime.

@ JohnnyRPG on Facebook for updates

DMsGuild Channel: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny Tek

MechaPilot

Explorer
I'm working on finishing the conversion of my Tenesia setting to 5e. Right now, that involves converting the Crystal Mage and Wasting Mage types of wizards, as well as writing up the Crystal Magic War Beasts (a kind of construct mount/magic item).

I'm also working on creating the world map for both my Tenesia and Wildwood settings.

Additionally, I'm working on rules for magic item PCs, and intelligent animal PCs.

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm also working on a Love domain (which, by necessity, includes a love spell).

Last edited:

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Astral Constructs
Herbalism, Alchemy, and Poisons
Circle of the Elements Druids
Random Cambion and Tiefling appearance chart

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Astral Constructs
Herbalism, Alchemy, and Poisons
Circle of the Elements Druids
Random Cambion and Tiefling appearance chart

I've recently worked on an elemental druid subclass as well, I'd be interested in seeing your ideas.

My version currently is based on the circle of the land and represents a druid that draws power from the elements rather than a single element.

At 2nd level, you choose air, earth, fire, water as the element you are most attuned to for your bonus spells. Learn a bonus elemental control cantrip and learn primordial. As primary casters, they also get spell slot recovery like the land druid.
6th level is a variable bonus:Air gives movement bonuses, Earth gives you a permanent barkskin like effect, fire a damage bonus, and water a swim speed and the amphibious trait. The chosen bonus can be different to the element you draw your bonus spells from.
10th level is elemental wild shape from the moon druid. It just made too much sense that these druids would be able to assume the form of an elemental.
14th level I'm stuck. I currently just have the various investitures from Elemental Evil useable once per short rest until I come up with something better.

I've also thought about random tieflings, appearance and abilities. Roll for you resistance, roll for spell-like abilities, etc. It's just idle thoughts at the moment, I think I was considering it after reading the 2e planar adventurers handbook.

Valmarius

First Post
Polishing a one-shot Intro adventure for new players.
Writing and drawing maps for an island based hexploration adventure I'm currently running and plan to eventually publish through the DMsGuild.

Also have a Xmas themed one-shot I ran last year that I'm keeping on the backburner for publishing in the festive season.

ccs

41st lv DM
1) Brainstorming what/how happens now in the PF game I run on Sundays.
The party consists of a paladin, a cavalier, a 3x warmage, & a druid. Being 3 martial hammers they view almost everything as a nail....
Well, that didn't work out so well for them last week & the session ended with them being taken prisoner by the surviving forces of the fortress they tried to storm.

2) Putting the finishing touches on a character for an upcoming campaign.
Trying to nail down a backstory/motivation/name/etc. And awaiting the miniatures arrival so I can get it painted up.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1ufjiBCl

Rebalanced (and additional) feats, spells, combat options, magic items and classes (nova options gutted, GWM, archery style, SS, PAM etc), Sorcerers, Rangers and Monks buffed, universalist wizard and and elemental sorcerer archetypes added. New weapons and armor.

OSR + 3.5 mashup and feel.

Hard-mode toggled on. No HP recovery and limited spell slot and HD recovery on long resting, harder resurrection (in terms of price and new Resurrection survival check for success plus 1 point of Con loss per raise dead), '3d6 in order' ability scores, 3.5 era Faerun fluff, 5 minute short rests to provide better pacing... but limited to 2/ long rest and only (1/2 level) hit dice healing. Revised UA downtime rules with a unified magic item pricing system.

Purple Dragon Knight buffed considerably, and renamed 'Warlord'.

Last edited:

Dualazi

First Post
A custom deity list to correct some conceptual problems I have with the default presentations in the PHB.

An expansion of checks and tasks to expand the exploration pillar significantly, since it's incredibly bare-bones at present. Will likely do a follow-up initiative with social aspects as well, though that will likely be harder so I'm procrastinating.

After that maybe working on some buffs to weaker classes to make them more attractive, but that one's really dependent on people being interested in playing them.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Compiling a feat list and putting together magic item based "prestige classes" for my Beyond the Wall/5e mashup island exploration game. The three base classes are done (Warrior, Rogue, Mage), also working on cleaning up fighting styles and how they interact with feats.

Remove ads