Class O Ships - Fighters, Bombers, Shuttles

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A few items have been added to the Starship Builder on the WOIN website - support for Class O-I, O-II, and O-III ships. Some caveats:

- There are only a few small components for them at present. You'll recognise them because they are all Chen-Zua components. There's 2 computers, 1 sensor array, 1 ion SUB-L engine, 1 hyperdrive, 2 deflector screens, 2 energy weapons, 1 shuttle cabin, and 1 medstation. That's all for now, but more will get added later.

- The hull sizes do not work with the auto-calaulcations which involve dividing by size (e.g. SPEED, FTL, Armor SOAK, Shield SOAK, Point Defenses, SS) because of the way the code works. You will have to do that bit manually. The good news? All three hull sizes count as size "1" so you are only dividing by 1. Should be easy enough!

- You will have to manually give the ship SS. I suggest giving them 3 SS.

- Cabin, Shuttle. Select this and the capacity. This is the seating area (the shuttle below has a shuttle cabin with a capacity of 6). You do NOT need to select Troop/Passenger capacity - that refers to actual cabins and sleeping arrangements.

- Class O ships are not affected by LUXURY.

Here's a sample standard shuttlecraft:

Newton Class O-I Shuttle
Weight 12 tons; Cargo Units 10 (7.7 available; capacity 385.0 tons)
Hull Class O-I (INIT +2d6)
Traits -
Crew 1 (cost 200cr/m); Troops 0; Passengers 0 (0 standard, 0 luxury)
Command & Control Systems
Computers 1x Chen-Zua mM-1 Flight Avionics Unit (CPU cycles: 4; max FTL: 2; checks: +0d6)
Sensors Chen-Zua mS-1 (range 1; check +0d6)
Engine & Propulsion Data
Subluminal 2x Chen-Zua mSI-1 Micro Ion Engine (power 2 ea; SPEED 4; fuel efficiency 1)
FTL -
Operational Range 0 parsecs
Defensive Data
Superstructure 3 DEFENSE 26 E-DEFENSE 10
Armor -
Shields 1x Chen-Zua mSN-1 Micro Navigational Screen (power 1 ea; SOAK 1)
Point Defenses -
Weapons Data
Facilities
Luxury n/a
Facilities Cabin, Shuttle (6), Medstation (1),
General Systems
Fueling -
Electronic Warfare -
Tractor Beams -
Cloaking Device -
Engineering -
Hangars & Bays