New Alien movie: yea or nay?

Robyo

Explorer
I think they're doing a little more than just trying to say it!

They don't really explain where the eggs came from. There is no queen, but maybe they were in stasis somewhere on the ship. In the first movie, the derelict ship was full of eggs, so they obviously had that bio-technology. Perhaps they get it from David somehow? Weird.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They don't really explain where the eggs came from. There is no queen, but maybe they were in stasis somewhere on the ship. In the first movie, the derelict ship was full of eggs, so they obviously had that bio-technology. Perhaps they get it from David somehow? Weird.

Yeah, the next question is how does the space jockey get to the planet with all the eggs in Alien? I guess that's what the next film is about.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just listened to an interview with Ridley Scott. Couple of things I didn't come away from the film with, but maybe I would on another viewing.

1) The goo kills the town square full of Engineers instantly. It's basically a plague and kills all animal life on the planet, including all of the Engineers not right there. That's why there's no animal life when they arrive.

2) It's an anti-religious message. The acting captain, who talks about his faith a lot, is the one who makes most of the stupid decisions. His second in command is much more competent and objects to his decisions.

3) He believes David because until that point he still instinctively trusts synthetics.

4) I don't think he's seen Alien 3 and Resurrection from what he was saying, and isn't too keen on the lore that Cameron added. I suspect we won't see another Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Just listened to an interview with Ridley Scott. Couple of things I didn't come away from the film with, but maybe I would on another viewing.

1) The goo kills the town square full of Engineers instantly. It's basically a plague and kills all animal life on the planet, including all of the Engineers not right there. That's why there's no animal life when they arrive.

2) It's an anti-religious message. The acting captain, who talks about his faith a lot, is the one who makes most of the stupid decisions. His second in command is much more competent and objects to his decisions.

3) He believes David because until that point he still instinctively trusts synthetics.

4) I don't think he's seen Alien 3 and Resurrection from what he was saying, and isn't too keen on the lore that Cameron added. I suspect we won't see another Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World
3) That's how I read that scene. He's being stupid, but he was outright told it was safe by a being he thinks is programmed to serve and saved his life once already...

I hope they don't scrap the Queen/hive setting

Was Scott told to concentrate on the alien aspect and scrap the space jockey portion but has forgotten about alien 1 or should we assume that somehow it all ties together

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I hope they don't scrap the Queen/hive setting

Was Scott told to concentrate on the alien aspect and scrap the space jockey portion but has forgotten about alien 1 or should we assume that somehow it all ties together

I don't know what Scott was told, if anything.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I'm tired of the films about aliens, it just seems that they are all the same and nothing special
Before making any more Alien films, the folks in charge should read Stewart Cowley's books (especially Spacewrecks but also Spaceships: 2000-2100 and Great Space Battles) to add something a bit different.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases