Homebrew Firearms rules

Spearhavoc

First Post
I've posted my homebrew firearms rules (see attachment) for my new campaign inspired by the Age of Exploration. They have not be playtested so I would like any feedback you all have to offered. Yes, I've seen Green Ronin's firearms rules but did not care for them. Thanks

Attachments

• firearm rules.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 105

Aaron2

Explorer
Spearhavoc said:
I've posted my homebrew firearms rules (see attachment) for my new campaign inspired by the Age of Exploration. They have not be playtested so I would like any feedback you all have to offered. Yes, I've seen Green Ronin's firearms rules but did not care for them. Thanks

Ok, they are similar (but more complicated) than mine.

- You might want to have the armor penetration apply to Natural Armor as well. Also, for a slight bit more realism, have the AP value decrease over range (maybe -1 per range increment).

- The Blunderbuss should probably not have an AP value.

- I have a simpler mishap rules. A roll of one means a mishap. Roll again (like a critical), another 1 means the user takes the weapon's damage. Any other roll means a Jam (takes as many rounds to unload the Jam as to load the weapon in the first place).

- I made shooting the gun a Simple proficiency while reloading the gun is Exotic. All I did was increase the mishap range from 1 to 5 if you don't have the Exotic proficiency.

- Early grenades didn't fragment very well (it wasn't until WWII that they did). I would change them to 1d6 points of blast damage (no save) plus 2d6 points of fragment damage (Reflex Save negates). But that's just me.

- Finally, IMC I added a bunch of gnomish inventions such as rifle grenades and grappling hook launchers.

Aaron

Spearhavoc

First Post
I did intend to have AP apply to natural armor, I guess that was not clear. I did not make firearms an exotic prof. both because they are common in my campaign wolrd and in the real world it was easier to master a musket than a longbow. You're right about the poorly fragmentation of early grenades however dividing damage types seems a tad too complex. Thanks for your feedback. And yes, its still here.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases