D&D 5E Looking to make my first 5e character, feeling pretty overwhelmed and looking for help

Mmkay, that's good to know in case it comes up. Man the more I look at the Curse Bringer Invocation the more it really steams me. I'd have honestly been happy to take an invocation with one of it's features (greatsword aside). Refresh curse on a kill or the turbo smite. They both seem like really cool options and I'd have been happy to spend an Invocation on both. It seems like an odd choice to give so much stuff to one Invocation, and then keep it from working with the Hexblade's main thing, Cha to attack and damage. I hope the break it up some in the final version.

bid

First Post
You don't need any free hands for that cantrip. It's only requires a verbal command and hitting get with the weapon. But as far as other spells, according to the rules, you need a free hand to cast spells unless you have the Warcaster feat.
Well, you do need a "free hand" to hold the sword, which might be hard if you don a shield while grappling someone. But as long as you keep a hand for your weapon, your material component is covered.

As for the other spells, you can still cast with a greatsword in hand. Or any versatile weapon for that matter. As long as you don't don a shield, your offhand is "free".

neogod22

Explorer
Well, you do need a "free hand" to hold the sword, which might be hard if you don a shield while grappling someone. But as long as you keep a hand for your weapon, your material component is covered.

As for the other spells, you can still cast with a greatsword in hand. Or any versatile weapon for that matter. As long as you don't don a shield, your offhand is "free".
Good job captain obvious.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Remove ads