Haunted Holy Phoenix (Char concept please help)

Adrossion

First Post
OK have a concept for a char i ran bye DM is said everything is allowed was hoping y'all could give me some help on levels gear and aspects of when i should take certain levels Starting at lvl 5

First a little about the char I choose the Haunted One Back ground from Curse of Strahd And the Fallen Aasimar Race From Volo's. backgrounds i choose from the list given and will tweak what truly happened as i progress in the game i have a general concept about something from the abyss taking his son from him after killing his wife due to his angelic heritage then tortured his son sending him the vision of the events until the visions drove to do Terrible things to avenge the murder and torture of his wife and son turning himself into a monster (burning a entire turn to the ground to get the the creature killing innocents is one idea i am playing with and it ties into his class)
Personality Trait: I don't run from evil. Evil Runs from me
Ideal: I am A monster that destroys other monsters(past still haunts him but gives him strength and a darkness inside him)
Bonds:There is evil in me. I can feel it and it must never be set free again.
Flaws:Feels nothing for the dead There the lucky ones for not having to live with there past.
Phoenix Sorcerer Quirk: His back and lower right side of neck is badly burned from when he first unleashed and destroyed the town Does not talk his burns and will ignore any questions pointed about them as if never the person asking does not even exist
Undying Light Warlock Flaw:Cant Stand Darkness and becomes increasing irritable to longer he goes without seeing the sun light: As he was laying there Before he died after the monster who stole his child and killed his wife beat him to death in front of his child He swore that if something anything would give him the power to fight on he would serve it even tho its not truly sentient the light answered him as his Phoenix blood kicked in granting him its power as well giving him the power the fight with the Monster natural enemy but as both the powers combined they bathed the city in fire and light killing everything this is what caused him to become a Fallen killing a entire town in his rage of revenge. note the creature killed his son seconds befor his last breath and before his rebirth happen

Class 1 of 2 to lvl 14
Phoenix Sorcery Your power draws from the immortal flame that fuels the legendary phoenix. You or your ancestors perhaps rendered a phoenix a great service, or you were born in its presence. Whatever the cause, a shard of the phoenix’s power dwells within you. That power is a mixed blessing. Like the mythical creature, you can invoke fiery energy and gain the ability to cheat death itself. This power comes at a cost. The fire within you seethes, demanding to be unleashed. You sometimes find yourself absentmindedly feeding fires. You can’t bear to allow a fire to sputter out. You feel most comfortable while holding a lit torch or sitting in front of a campfire. More importantly, this gift comes with no special protection from fire. You are as vulnerable as any other creature to fiery magic, including your own. Phoenix sorcerers can use their powers to pull themselves back from the brink of death, and all too often their own, rash nature or reliance on destructive magic is what puts them there in the first place. Such sorcerers are wanderers by necessity. The volatile nature of their magic makes other folk nervous. If a fire breaks out in town, a phoenix sorcerer had best flee, whether guilty or not. Fire is a dangerous force, and phoenix sorcerers have a reputation (deserved or not) for reckless behavior, confident that the essence of the phoenix can save them.

Ignite At 1st level, you gain the ability to start fires with a touch. As an action, you can magically ignite a flammable object you touch with your hand—an object such as a torch, a piece of tinder, or the hem of drapes.
Mantle of Flame Starting at 1st level, you can unleash the phoenix fire that blazes within you. As a bonus action, you magically wreathe yourself in swirling fire, as your eyes glow like hot coals. For 1 minute, you gain the following benefits:
• You shed bright light in a 30-foot radius and dim light for an additional 30 feet.
• Any creature takes fire damage equal to your Charisma modifier if it hits you with a melee attack from within 5 feet of you or if it touches you.
• Whenever you roll fire damage on your turn, the roll gains a bonus to equal to your Charisma modifier.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
Phoenix Spark Starting at 6th level, the fiery energy within you grows restless and vengeful. In the face of defeat, it surges outward to preserve you in a fiery roar. If you are reduced to 0 hit points, you can use your reaction to draw on the spark of the phoenix. You are instead reduced to 1 hit point, and each creature within 10 feet of you takes fire damage equal to half your sorcerer level + your Charisma modifier. If you use this feature while under the effects of your Mantle of Flame, this feature instead deals fire damage equal to your sorcerer level + double your Charisma modifier, and your Mantle of Flame immediately ends. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest
Nourishing Fire Starting at 14th level, your fire spells soothe and restore you. When you expend a spell slot to cast a spell that includes a fire damage roll, you regain hit points equal to the slot’s level + your Charisma modifier.

Class 2 of 2 to lvl 6 Will also be going BLade
Warlock Patron: The Undying Light Your patron is not a specific entity, but the energy that radiates from the Positive Plane. Your pact allows you to experience the barest touch of the raw stuff of life that powers the multiverse. Anything more, and you would be instantly incinerated by its energy. Contact with the Positive Plane causes subtle changes to your behavior and beliefs. You are driven to bring light to dark places, to annihilate undead creatures, and to protect all living things. At the same time, you crave the light and find total darkness a suffocating experience akin to drowning

Expanded Spell List The Undying Light lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you. Undying Light Expanded Spells Spell Level Spells 1st burning hands 2nd flaming sphere 3rd daylight 4th fire shield 5th flame strike
Radiant Soul Starting at 1st level, your link to the Positive Plane allows you to serve as a conduit for radiant energy. You have resistance to radiant damage, and when you cast a spell that deals radiant damage or fire damage, you add your Charisma modifier to that damage. Additionally, you know the sacred flame and light cantrips and can cast them at will. They don’t count against your number of cantrips known.
Searing Vengeance Starting at 6th level, the radiant energy you channel allows you to overcome grievous injuries. When you would make a death saving throw, you can instead spring back to your feet with a burst of radiant energy. You immediately stand up (if you so choose), and you regain hit points equal to half your hit point maximum. All hostile creatures within 30 feet of you take 10 + your Charisma modifier radiant damage and are blinded until the end of your turn. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.

Pact of the Blade You can use your action to create a pact weapon in your empty hand. You can choose the form that this melee weapon takes each time you create it (see chapter 5 for weapon options). You are proficient with it while you wield it. This weapon counts as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to non magical attacks and damage. Your pact weapon disappears if it is more than 5 feet away from you for 1 minute or more. It also disappears if you use this feature again, if you dismiss the weapon (no action required), or if you die. You can transform one magic weapon into your pact weapon by performing a special ritual while you hold the weapon. You perform the ritual over the course o f 1 hour, which can be done during a short rest. You can then dismiss the weapon, shunting it into an extra dimensional space, and it appears whenever you create your pact weapon thereafter. You can’t affect an artifact or a sentient weapon in this way. The weapon ceases being your pact weapon if you die, if you perform the 1-hour ritual on a different weapon, or if you use a 1-hour ritual to break your bond to it. The weapon appears at your feet if it is in the extra dimensional space when the bond breaks. it again until you finish a long rest.

Last edited:

mellored

Legend
If you're starting at level 5, i wouldn't worry about level 20.

Otherwise, boost Cha, Dex, and Con in that order.
I would avoid blade warlock, and go tome warlock with shilleghlah (allows you to make melee attacks with Cha) and green flameblade (automaticly scales) instead.

Remove ads