D&D 5E Darksun times of change[Oc]closed]

Azurewraith

Explorer
So ill be going on holiday soon and my youngest still has 3hoursish of napping during the day meaning 3hours dead time. So I was thinking of working on a DS conversion for 5e, doing so is no good without players so would anyone be interested.

At its basis it would be a gritty survival based game, the sun will be just as likely to kill you as the monsters. I will really be playing up the Aghast vibe with weapon and armour breakages(they ain't metal after all), metal armour will cook you and God forbid if you cast magic in public.

If anyone is interested let me know what sort of storyline/gameplay would be interested in. Just to reiterate the game won't likely be starting until next month sometime.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
I have never actually gotten to play Dark Sun, every attempt died after we all went; "yeah, let's do that."

I am very tempted but am also stretching myself a bit in terms of games on here (though one seems to be failing so maybe). I'll keep an eye on this (and enjoy the toilet reading posted by GreenKarl) and see how things develop.

eayres33

Explorer
It would be stretching myself thinner than I told myself I would, but to get a chance to play Dark Sun I would find a few things to cut in my free time.

So count me as interested.

Azurewraith

Explorer
So there is definitely enough interest to get a game up and running excellent.

After reading through the PDF i am unimpressed unfortunately many of the concepts just don't seem to fit 5es simplicity, so it looks like i have plenty of work to keep me busy. I would be looking at Converting the Crunch of races the existing DS fluff will simply transfer over. Coming up with rules for using non metal weapons and armour, possibly in the form of breakages im not keen on gimping damage or crits. Adding in DS setting weapons. Figuring out which classes to axe from the setting i was never a fan of elemental clerics they just seemed off to me, i also struggle to see sorcerer in DS as i always had them seen as figuring out their power in a fit of emotion kind of thing.

Remove ads