D&D 5E Darksun times of change[Oc]closed]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Kind of like 4e did. Dwarves get +2 Con and their choice of either +Str or +Wis. You could even mix and match subraces, so Dwarf could take +Wis from Mountain and Med armor prof from Hill.
Ye the idea was you get a fixed stat then can take either stat and aa fixed ammount of subrace options based on class, so dwarves would get 2 to pick across mountain and hill elves would get 3(?) Working off head ATM.

TallIan

Explorer
[MENTION=6873909]texastoast[/MENTION] that may not be a bad idea... once I look them up, that is. Depends how specific they are I'm trying to avoid toe stepping.
[MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] ranger will most likely be the revised ranger. I may possibly strip the spells for superiority dice. I may not though as I would be doing it simply because RANGERS DONT CAST SPELLS.
I was thinking of a ranger as well, so I'm quite keen to see what you come up with

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Azurewraith

Explorer
Where does everyone stand on Rangers? I mean there is nothing wrong wrong with the revised ranger at all I feel like the only reason I'm stripping spells for personal hatred of rangers and casting.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I have no problems with casting rangers. It's the only rangers I know. Non-casting rangers are just fighters with the outlander background...
tell me you didn't just say that! The more I think about it the more I think I'm just making more work stripping out spells for nothing other than personal preference.

TallIan

Explorer
I feel similar to Kahlessnestor, I think giving then spells is a simple way to reflect their affinity with nature and self sufficiency.

So their ability to cast healing spells is not magic, but their ability to find cobwebs and mud to make a poultic without having to write loads of extra rules. Thorns (or whatever the spell is called) is them luring enemies into bad terrain, etc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Azurewraith

Explorer
About to head out just finished the 2nd draft of races looking to give Wild talents and classes a 2nd pass hopefully get it posted after kids go to bed as their isn't much work to be done their mostly re flavour and mystic splitting.

GreenKarl

First Post
I don't mind either version or idea for Rangers, non-caster or casting being just part of them and their ties to nature. You could even explain it more as their Healing comes from herbs, etc. and that their Hunter's Mark etc. are just their training. Heck you could explain it all as just 'Martial' instead of 'Divine' or whatever like 4th ed. did with some things :D but whatever the case I am fairly easy going about that. So long as I can run fast ;) This has always been a favorite of mine from the 4th ed. book...

DS.elf.jpg

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ok here is a 2nd pass at races, classes and wild talents look at me

I chose to stick with the current list of wild talents to avoid issues with psi points from mystics and stuff like that. Races may get another pass keeping as PhB and just refluffing. Let me know what you think ill be looking at monsters and working on druid wild shapes next time as well as adding in a timeline etc.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases