D&D 5E Darksun times of change[Oc]closed]

GreenKarl

First Post
Kewl...

Yea I was wondering how one would handle that "everyone has some psychic powers" for Dark Sun also. I was going to create a random list that you would roll on and they would mostly just be cantrips that you could maybe use a limited times a day. I like to try and keep it simple also for 5th ed

Azurewraith

Explorer
Kewl...

Yea I was wondering how one would handle that "everyone has some psychic powers" for Dark Sun also. I was going to create a random list that you would roll on and they would mostly just be cantrips that you could maybe use a limited times a day. I like to try and keep it simple also for 5th ed
That was pretty much my idea,Cantrip like effects randomly rolled. Maybe a jackpot option of getting 2 was thinking 10 effects or so.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I have thought about this alot so here's my 2c
Removing armour Prof or reducing hit die.
Making it less versatile by restricting certain abilities to certain sub classes.
Possibly re-working psi points to be more like sorcery points but I'm unsure on that one.

But don't worry their will be psionics! Wouldn't be DS without it! It may be the mystic it may be a split up mystic or it could be something totally left field.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
All ready seen a few they are broken as hell...

I've noticed. I've heard the designers say that it's easier to nerf OP stuff than it is to power stuff up, so they try to err on OP for playtest, and tone it down later. So... maybe we'll get a revised one before the game goes too far.

Shayuri

First Post
My sense is that they tried to make a single class that could be a 'psion' (psionic 'mage) and a psionic warrior, all in one. Hence the armor and hit dice, and crazy powers all in one.

I further think that they need to either make two classes...which they seem to really want to avoid...or make some of the warrior characteristics contingent on the selection of a kind of 'warrior path' choice.

Remove ads