D&D 5E Darksun times of change[Oc]closed]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ok so Here is what i have so far, its more of a set of operational notes that's is far from complete as uploading i realized i missed a few things out i thought i would let you guys take a look because extra opinions are helpful if we don't always agree with them.

The document before you is INCREDIBLY! rough and is essentially me just writing down what ever i thought of as i thought of it, thus it did not go through my idiot filter and is likely full of grammer errors and typos that and the formatting is horrific so i apologize. I would say on a scale of 0-100 im at about 45% happiness with whats there so far, particularly unhappy with the race section.

Ill start a proper effort hopefully on Tuesday with a nice shiny PDF with formatting and stuffs. comments criticisms,and ideas are welcome. Again im sorry for the crime against your eyes and brains that this scrawl is.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Wow you guys must really want to plat dark sun if that didn't put you off? How did you guys feel about what was up all ready particularly the races?

Shayuri

First Post
I think most Dark Sun races are probably just fine using the PHB stats...possibly sometimes with reflavored descriptions? That doesn't work on races unique to Dark Sun of course.

I felt like some of your 'racial flaws' were overly impactful on mechanics, but I figured I'd wait for a more final version before going into details on that. :)

Azurewraith

Explorer
I think most Dark Sun races are probably just fine using the PHB stats...possibly sometimes with reflavored descriptions? That doesn't work on races unique to Dark Sun of course.

I felt like some of your 'racial flaws' were overly impactful on mechanics, but I figured I'd wait for a more final version before going into details on that. :)
I'm about 75% certain they wont make the final version I thought they where great right up untill I read them.

texastoast

Explorer
Wow you guys must really want to plat dark sun if that didn't put you off? How did you guys feel about what was up all ready particularly the races?

As you say, it's very rough, which is understandable when you're creating a campaign world source book! Your rendering of Elves and Half-Elves feel almost identical to each other.

I also don't understand, based on my experience with 2e Dark Sun, how Sorcerers and Warlocks make sense in the setting. Magical power comes exclusively from the land, so how are there any magic users other than Preservers and Defilers? (Other editions I never played may have answered this.)

Have you looked at the Dark Sun Players Handbook linked on page 1 of this thread? It's not as professional as a WotC product from an editing and templating standpoint, but it seems like a very strong foundation to work from. Seems like it would be much easier to adapt from that where you disagree with it than to reinvent it.

Azurewraith

Explorer
As you say, it's very rough, which is understandable when you're creating a campaign world source book! Your rendering of Elves and Half-Elves feel almost identical to each other.

I also don't understand, based on my experience with 2e Dark Sun, how Sorcerers and Warlocks make sense in the setting. Magical power comes exclusively from the land, so how are there any magic users other than Preservers and Defilers? (Other editions I never played may have answered this.)

Have you looked at the Dark Sun Players Handbook linked on page 1 of this thread? It's not as professional as a WotC product from an editing and templating standpoint, but it seems like a very strong foundation to work from. Seems like it would be much easier to adapt from that where you disagree with it than to reinvent it.
I did look at it and got some ideas but most if it seemed over fiddly for 5e would of been fine for 3.5.

That's a good point about the casters ill have to consult my 4e shizzel.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases