D&D 5E Darksun times of change[Oc]closed]

TallIan

Explorer
Not that it helps with the question of who's your patron, but I was thinking of arcane magic in general. The AD&D rule of rolling an intelligence check as a defiler to possibly get more spell slots at the risk of getting fewer is pretty cool, and could be applied to any class that gets magic.

That could allow classes like EK and AT without the need for extra rules.

EDIT: Stupid tablet sent party way through typing.

Something like a druid or ranger could always be Preservers while other class could get a choice.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Not that it helps with the question of who's your patron, but I was thinking of arcane magic in general. The AD&D rule of rolling an intelligence check as a defiler to possibly get more spell slots at the risk of getting fewer is pretty cool, and could be applied to any class that gets magic.

That could allow classes like EK and AT without the need for extra rules.

EDIT: Stupid tablet sent party way through typing.

Something like a druid or ranger could always be Preservers while other class could get a choice.
Definitely something to think about. Not sure how keen I am on granting more slots as magic can break alot of things stunting exploration. That and casters suck martial 4 life.

TallIan

Explorer
Definitely something to think about. Not sure how keen I am on granting more slots as magic can break alot of things stunting exploration. That and casters suck martial 4 life.
That is true, I'd forgotten that 5e spell progression is a bit more generous, ie 2 slots when you first get a level. So possibly losing your only top level slot under AD&D could suck.

I was only thinking one spell per level either way, but the way 5e has ASIs would make an ability check difficult. Once you got to 4th or 8th level, chances are your casting ability will most likely be 20, so defilers would be either REALLY poo before this, or AMAZING after.

Sorcerers and warlocks could actually work better for this idea, sorcerers could just be given extra spell points and warlocks could have their spell level changed - two 6th level slots is a LOT less OP than a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th level slot.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Azurewraith

Explorer
Whelp i wanted to do a fancy PDF with swanky templates and images but apparently i suck so you will all have to make do with a very nicely formatted Word doc.

TallIan

Explorer
Whelp i wanted to do a fancy PDF with swanky templates and images but apparently i suck so you will all have to make do with a very nicely formatted Word doc.
WHAT!? That's not the level of quality I expect from free stuff of the internet someone else did 😝

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TallIan

Explorer
You just lost grammer with your smart mouth!
Lol, I'm surprised you even understood that.

I didn't so much lose grammar as beat it to death with a shovel and bury it in the woods. Maybe I should concentrate on watching my kid?

Azurewraith

Explorer
Lol, I'm surprised you even understood that.

I didn't so much lose grammar as beat it to death with a shovel and bury it in the woods. Maybe I should concentrate on watching my kid?

I more meant grammer in the conversion in my experience kids watch them selves All you need is ceebeebies.

TallIan

Explorer
I more meant grammer in the conversion in my experience kids watch them selves All you need is ceebeebies.
I'd made a different reply to this but the interwebs ate it.

But just to prove you wrong my 18 month old helped herself to cider at dinner because we were watching the TV. Fortunately most of it ended up in her lap

Azurewraith

Explorer
I'd made a different reply to this but the interwebs ate it.

But just to prove you wrong my 18 month old helped herself to cider at dinner because we were watching the TV. Fortunately most of it ended up in her lap

Ha I gave my eldest larger once, I think he was 2 he tried to claw his tongue off. I'm sure she will be fine I used to steal 1/4 of my dads at a time and I'm just finishing my 2nd year as a law student.

Remove ads