D&D 5E Darksun times of change[Oc]closed]

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm playing Mystics elsewhere. When using Psi Points, they're awesome. Run out, and they're subpar. So at higher levels, with more psi points, then yeah, they're pretty intense.

I'd be interested in playing. Something magic based. Perhaps even a wizard, as scary as that would be in this setting. Or a Warlock. Not sure yet.

eayres33

Explorer
I know I already said I'm interested, and that hasn't changed. I'm looking at half-giant, most likely ranger but if not barb or fighter. Never played a martial class in 5E yet.

Azurewraith

Explorer
That awesome feeling when you take your 4E Dark sun books to work and college pears over your shoulder and goes ah cool dark sun what edition is that? i got the whole set of 2nd books. So now i have to sets of source material to work from!

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
From previous things I've done, 2e converts really well directly to 5e. Main issue is just getting a proficiency bonus for the monsters/npc's. I have almost all the old 2e DS books if you'd like any help that direction.

Don't forget about: http://www.athas.org/ as a resource as well! I haven't gotten a chance to play a Mystic, but I want to! Are the new rules out to 20th really that broken?

Azurewraith

Explorer
From previous things I've done, 2e converts really well directly to 5e. Main issue is just getting a proficiency bonus for the monsters/npc's. I have almost all the old 2e DS books if you'd like any help that direction.

Don't forget about: http://www.athas.org/ as a resource as well! I haven't gotten a chance to play a Mystic, but I want to! Are the new rules out to 20th really that broken?
I haven't got that much experience and only at low levels but the sheer ammount of things they can do is insane. Personally I will be splitting the mystic into caster and Gish-warrior type should fix most issues.

I go away on Monday to start the process but I'm hoping to do a bit this week before I go and get a sample hopefully pdf(more likely a worddoc of basics).

Remove ads