D&D 5E Best of the 5e Forum

Li Shenron

Legend
I've made a preliminary pass through most of the recent stuff pulling out 5 star threads that seemed to fit the bill (threads discussing upcoming WotC products were excluded for example).

The idea is nice, but are we really using the stars rating for threads? Because I got the impression that the vast majority of threads doesn't receive any star ever; then the majority of starred threads have received a rating (usually 5 stars) by a single person; and finally the majority of starred threads which have been starred by more than one person, have been starred by two persons, usually the first person giving 5 stars, and the second person disagreeing and giving 1 star to compensate...

Err, no... :) In theory it should be one of the most useful thread to be pinned, but in practice it is one year late! The list of links in the first post was last updated April 2016... how can this be called a "best" thread?

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
The idea is nice, but are we really using the stars rating for threads? Because I got the impression that the vast majority of threads doesn't receive any star ever; then the majority of starred threads have received a rating (usually 5 stars) by a single person; and finally the majority of starred threads which have been starred by more than one person, have been starred by two persons, usually the first person giving 5 stars, and the second person disagreeing and giving 1 star to compensate...

Err, no... :) In theory it should be one of the most useful thread to be pinned, but in practice it is one year late! The list of links in the first post was last updated April 2016... how can this be called a "best" thread?

Well that's why it's open to curation :) - I don't claim to know all the best threads. I'll update as suggestions and critiques come in. I really just wanted to pin 1 thing, but that wasn't a long term plan. So feel free to suggest improvements!

Lanliss

Explorer

Being behind on the UAs does not mean the ones that are in the thread won't be helpful. Unless you know a thread that has all of them collected, preferably with links to their ENworld discussions as well as the UA itself, I think that thread should stay.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Being behind on the UAs does not mean the ones that are in the thread won't be helpful. Unless you know a thread that has all of them collected, preferably with links to their ENworld discussions as well as the UA itself, I think that thread should stay.

I also think that having threads like that linked in a pinned index like this increases the chance that they won't just die off.

Satyrn

First Post
and finally the majority of starred threads which have been starred by more than one person, have been starred by two persons, usually the first person giving 5 stars, and the second person disagreeing and giving 1 star to compensate...
That's actually the opposite of what's happening recently.

How do I know? Very simple: because my name is Harry Lime I've been 5 starring the threads that seem to get spiteful 1 star ratings.

Li Shenron

Legend
That's actually the opposite of what's happening recently.

How do I know? Very simple: because my name is Harry Lime I've been 5 starring the threads that seem to get spiteful 1 star ratings.

It might be the opposite of my example, but it's another example of a rigged vote :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases