DDAL DDAL 6-01 A Thousand Tiny Deaths - The first season 6 AL mod is up.

darjr

I crit!
This is the first of the mods with the format change, one page AL boilerplate, one page introduction, and standard AL DM rewards.

I really like those changes. Being one of those DM's that prints the mods out to run them, less ink, less paper, and I can print the whole thing for storage.

But I think the BIG news is that the high res maps are now included! PC versions and color versions! Very cool! I'd post a picture of the map printed out in 72 inch squared glory, but I need to refill on ink :(

This mod fits the theme of the TotYP and stands great on it's own. It also takes a classic monster and makes them play the neat role they are really geared to. My players wanted nothing to do with them by the end. Note there are a few things in the mod that could get really deadly really fast if you don't pay attention to the notes.

I also love how it ties into the Forge of Fury and the following DDEP 6-1 epic adventure.

Note the below is my affiliate link and I received a free copy of the adventure for play testing.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/209228/DDAL0601-A-Thousand-Tiny-Deaths-5e?affiliate_id=182934

Last edited:

DM Magic

Adventurer
I'm sad that it's not five mini adventures like the first adventure of every other season has been. But so far, the changes look nice. I'm going to dive into it tonight.

darjr

I crit!
Good point. I hadn't realized until just now that this is the case. Huh?

Well it's a quick adventure, and I'm thinking of doing a bit of a store tour around here with it.

Last edited:

I'm sad that it's not five mini adventures like the first adventure of every other season has been. But so far, the changes look nice. I'm going to dive into it tonight.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I loathed the 5 mini adventures. The new format is okay, kudos for brevity (having just printed out two epics and four mods for a con this weekend...)!!

Inxanity

Explorer
Gonna be running it this coming Sunday, and it's looking pretty interesting. You're right about it possibly turning deadly pretty fast. My highlighter is getting a good workout with this. I know it's not hard to figure out but I do kind of wished they kept the Renown/Down Time rewards in for simplicity sake. Looking forward to it!

My only gripe is that I think the item cert might give away the surprise thats at the bottom of FoF.

Note that the inclusion of extra maps is some Travis did because he is the author, and not something you should expect for all AL products going forward.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases