The Dark Tower (trailer)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Color me surprised and interested.

My only quibble is Roland catching the bullets mid air with his gun. It makes him look like a superhero who's superpower is guns. A bit like how Fast and Furious is about superheroes who's power is cars.

[video=youtube;GjwfqXTebIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjwfqXTebIY[/video]

I am reading the series now for the first time and...... somehow this is only the same by title it seems.....

I'll try not to spoil it for you; all I can say is that this is a retelling of the tale.

[SBLOCK] A different cycle, or level, of the tower [/SBLOCK]

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Yeah, that gun bit was beyond stupid. And just really fake looking. I don't expect him to become an expert with a revolver, but they could have make it less silly looking, or maybe gotten a body double who can handle weapons proficiently.

But really, my problem with this is that the first book is probably the worst (until the last couple). The kid was annoying in the book. He's annoying in the trailer. The series gets good in the 2nd book.

Well, that and the casting of the villain. Why not Christopher Walken? It looks like he's trying to channel him, so why get a low grade knock off of the real thing?

God, do you know how awesome it would be for Walken to be the Man in Black?

(In my best Walken voice) "Your father...gave me this bullet. Five long years, he wore this bullet up his a&%. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the bullet. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my a&$ for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the bullet to you."

cmad1977

Hero
Because Christopher Walken is geriatric at this point.
10 years ago... maybe even 5...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started Wastelands.

I was at page 70 when this came up. Now I am much of the way through I can see the connection. Still.... I was hoping for the others to be involved. Take quite the actress to do the Detta / Odetta / Suzanne character. But by changing the race of Roland, it would be hard to do effectively anyway.

Remove ads