The Defenders (trailer)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Probably not, it looks like Defenders is mainly spinning off from the Daredevil 2 'Electra/Hand' storyline and there's nothing in Iron Fist that changes that much.

Ugh. That second half of DD2 was the weakest segment of all of the shows for me. I loved the Punisher stuff though.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Ugh. That second half of DD2 was the weakest segment of all of the shows for me. I loved the Punisher stuff though.

yeah I wasn't too keen on Electra either, but I'm hoping that the character interactions and Sigourney Weaver will make up for any Electra-based drag on the story

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Well so far each Marvel series has been worse than the previous one so I lack high hopes unfortunately. Love DD, liked JJ, LC was just OK, and IF I haven't been able to finish. Villains were awful in LC and IF, actually IF was pretty awful all in all himself. I'm sure I'll give this a shot since I'm an old school comic nut.

Derren

Hero
I am disappointed that the movies have so few influences onto the series, namely the Sokovia Accords. Having several superhumans running around smashing stuff should not happen any more. Shield would be all over them by now, especially after how public Luke was with his invulnerability.

As for IF, I wonder how he will fit in, considering that he is still rich. It will probably be ignored.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I am disappointed that the movies have so few influences onto the series, namely the Sokovia Accords. Having several superhumans running around smashing stuff should not happen any more. Shield would be all over them by now, especially after how public Luke was with his invulnerability.

As for IF, I wonder how he will fit in, considering that he is still rich. It will probably be ignored.

Do we know SHIELD wasn't involved but just unseen? The Gang War in Hells Kitchen was referenced in AoS but really there's nothing to indicate that Matt is anything other than a highly trained vigilante Martial Artist. JJ was low key about her ability and until the big fight Luke was actively avoiding the police - so maybe he was avoiding SHIELD too (afterall Coulson & co. couldn't find Daisy even when they actively were looking for her)

Also with the Big Supers battling on an International Scale and Inhumans proliferating I suspect that SHIELD is very busy and street vigilantes while monitored might not be the focus of attention. It seems that Coulsons priority is 1) Recovery of Chitauri tech and 2) Monitoring of Inhumans - so perhaps DD, Luke and JJ just aren't persons of interest to that Team in particular.

That doesn't mean that another SHIELD Team isn't monitoring the vigilantes of New York but hasn't been featured on screen, and in fact are we sure that SHEILD wasn't amongst the Police and other Authorities that arrested Luke and Diamondback or even JJ? - btw what happened to Kilgraves body?

SHIELD's suppose to be a super secret agency,so I'm not too fussed when they aren't overtly mention in the Netflix shows. What does bug me though is that the Hulk-Abomination Rampage through Harlem seems to be entirely forgotten- did SHIELD mindwipe everyone?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases