Ranger Multi-class Optimize Bonus Action

Girdleroc

Villager
Currently I am 8th level Wood Elf Archer Ranger (Unearthed Arcana), Hunter with Horde Breaker.
The party members are a Barbarian, Moon Druid, Bard, Sorcerer, and Monk.

We have some healing but was thinking of trying to improve my characters healing and versatility by multi-classing. I still want to have my bow be my main action so I was thinking of utilizing my bonus action and out of combat spells.

I was thinking of doing it by going cleric Life, Tempest or War.

Will this work? Pros cons? Will it be less effective than I am imagining.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm going to arbitrarily break healing into three parts.

1. Out-of-combat healing
2. Stand up someone who's gone unconscious healing
3. Proactive keep people standing healing.

At 9th with a single level, you are no where close to #3. It shouldn't be a goal. Maybe if someone has a good charisma the Inspiring Leader feat is good, but bonus action, few levels healing won't do it.

#1 is pretty easy to get. Anyone with Healing Word for a bonus action heal can do it, which is all clerics. They will likely drop again soon though.

#2 you could do with Life cleric because of how goodberries work - each gets the extra bonus. This has been confirmed in sage advice, but personally I'd like to run it past my DM to make sure they don't feel it's cheesy, since it's a lot of out-of-combat healing for a 1st level spell when the Life domain boosts every berry individually.

Girdleroc

Villager
I had been thinking about healing in the same three parts. I just am thinking of what I lose versus what I gain by healing.

My wood elf wouldn't touch a crossbow

Remove ads