D&D 4E What is a comprehensive Inherent Bonuses rule?

C4

Explorer
C4, isnt the Bullrush like Grab one of the items in need of enhancement...

Perhaps Bull Rush needs to be able to move even larger enemies at pargon and epic.
Oh yeah, big brain fart on my part! Bull rush at the least needs an inherent bonus to the attack roll as well. :)

@C4 isnt the Bullrush like Grab one of the items in need of enhancement...

Perhaps Bull Rush needs to be able to move even larger enemies at pargon and epic.

In HoML I simply made these things skill checks of various sorts. The upshot being they get a +5 for being trained, which pretty much nicely handles the issue (when coupled with smaller enhancement bonuses that stop at +3).

I also like the idea of demigods pushing some gigantic Dragon ;)

Speaking of which, I gave stats a name, so they go from +0, which is 'poor' to +5, which is 'mighty'. There is also 'none', which means the creature can't be rated in that stat and doesn't function WRT to any check requiring it, and 'godlike', which simply asserts automatic success. Many problems are avoided! I mean, having bonuses beyond +5 for ability scores wouldn't break things, but it forever temps the GM to actually let PCs get there. Whereas just having Godlike means ANY PC can be outclassed (say by a God in its sphere of influence) but otherwise stuff stays under control.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases