D&D 5E Shipwrecked: Secret Island of the Shark-People[Recruiting]

purplerook

First Post
I am interested in this. I have a Barbarian character kicking around in the back of my mind - former pit fighter turned bodyguard. Non-human captured young and sent to fight in the pits. Rescued and becomes the bodyguard/confidant of his rescuer. Let me look at VGtM to see what looks like an interesting non-human. Any PC want/need a bad-ass bodyguard? Otherwise his boss died in the shipwreck.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
in77df.jpg

Angis Honack, Dwarven Ranger

He's short at least one weapon, though, so his AC will be 17 until he picks one up.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I am interested in this. I have a Barbarian character kicking around in the back of my mind - former pit fighter turned bodyguard. Non-human captured young and sent to fight in the pits. Rescued and becomes the bodyguard/confidant of his rescuer. Let me look at VGtM to see what looks like an interesting non-human. Any PC want/need a bad-ass bodyguard? Otherwise his boss died in the shipwreck.

Lefty is an Officer, so having an Aide would be good. He could have rescued you while occupying whatever slave-town you were held in during a war. He wouldn't like the idea of slavery, but a good proper servant is okay with him!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Just realized something with the limits on gear. Component pouch/spellcasting focus or not? I gave Angis a pouch, but remembered that's not on the list. I am fown a weapon already (and have no ranged attacks either.).

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Shayuri

First Post
I'm perhaps interested in the Sea Sorceror from the Unearthed Arcana article examining expanded sorcerer paths. Would that be a bloodline I could choose?

purplerook

First Post
[MENTION=29863]shay[/MENTION]uni and [MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION]

Here is some background on Keth, if the three of us are in the game, we can sort out the details of the backstory. Fair warning, I am going to play the feels emotions more deeply aspect of Half-Orc and who ever is Keth's friend may need to talk him back down on occasion :) I have a mild preference for a squishy (e.g., magic using) friend for Keth. As it will provide a few more opportunities for Kesh to rescue/defend his friend.

Name: Keth
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Barbarian
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Good (with the emphasis on Chaotic)
Description: TDB - Heavily scarred and tattooed. Big, but moves with a quiet grace. Tattoo where a slave mark would have been - so you want to take a look slave hunter?

Personality: Enjoys playing the ‘dumb’ orc, feels emotions more deeply than humans
Ideal: Endurance.That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.
Bond: I owe my life to the person who rescued me from the Arena
Flaw: Anger Management. Violence is the answer to almost any challenge.
Trinket: Fragment of a broken slave collar

[SBLOCK=Background]Born of a human mother (captive) and Orc father in an Orcish tribe, Keth’s life from birth was tough. He was a natural target for the other young Orcs. Keth learned to use his natural cunning to survive these various encounters. Not being as strong as the full blooded Orcs, Keth used his natural dexterity and when possible improvised weapons. His favorite was a staff. Kesh was captured by slavers while out hunting.

Given to fits of rage, it was natural that Kesh found himself in the Arena. After surviving a few fights due to sheer determination. His owner saw possibility and began getting him training. The combination of skill, attributes, and experience made him a top fighter. In the Arena, Kesh quickly learned that it was not enough to simply win a fight. Quick and easy fights lead to unhappy customers. Unhappy customers lead to dead fighters. Kesh learned to stretch out fights, taking and giving a lot of damage. Also, Kesh learned that the crowds enjoy the stupid Orc Barbarian. Kesh began making a spectacle of his fights, grunted shouts of "Kill Now?" And "Eat Head?" Got the crowds going - and happy crowds meant fewer call of "Death"

As Kesh moved up the rank of fighters, Kesh watched the fate of other fighters. The really good ones became champion for a few fights and then got killed, usually in a fight with an underdog at long odds. As Champion, Kesh began assessing his chances of escaping - slim. Facing a fight with an underdog with long odds of defeating him, Kesh received an interesting offer - throw the fight in return for his freedom. However, there was a twist. Kesh needed to defeat/kill his opponent and then die himself as ties in a deathmatch were exceedingly rare and meant even longer odds. After sustaining a terrible amount of damage Kesh collapsed on his opponent, secretly drinking a potion of Feign Death. TBD intercepted his body on the way to be cremated and the two of them have been inseparable since then. [/SBLOCK]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@shayuni and @FitzTheRuke

Here is some background on Keth, if the three of us are in the game, we can sort out the details of the backstory. Fair warning, I am going to play the feels emotions more deeply aspect of Half-Orc and who ever is Keth's friend may need to talk him back down on occasion :) I have a mild preference for a squishy (e.g., magic using) friend for Keth. As it will provide a few more opportunities for Kesh to rescue/defend his friend.

I agree. Squishy should be your friend. I can be your commanding officer!

Remove ads