Pathfinder's On Fantasy Grounds

I mentioned previously that Pathfinder was coming to Fantasy Grounds. That happened last week, meaning that the Virtual Table Top is now an official licensee, and the first batch of products, including the Core Rules, Bestiary, Kingmaker adventure path, and more are already available. FG's head honcho Doug Davison said that "they've been very strong sellers so far, supplanting the official D&D add-ons that normally dominate our Weekly Top Sellers list in the first day. It is customary for a new release to have a spike as interest and hype are the highest at this stage; however, most third-party products still fail to dislodge D&D from the top seller list. This will be an interesting metric to watch as they go head to head and especially as new products launch for both publishers at the same time."

Piaoz is providing the PDFs for free to anybody who buys the Fantasy Grounds version, and if they have the PDF already that is discounted from their FG purchase. "For example, if the customer already bought the Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition PDF from Paizo, they can buy the FG add-on for only $18 instead of the normal $60. The Core Rulebook, Bestiary and Advanced Player's Guide each get $10 off due to the less expensive PDFs for those products."[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

ddaley

Explorer
It's nice that they are giving discounts to people who own the PDFs. I am guessing that you have to have bought the PDF through them? I bought a number of PDFs through Paizo, and picked up a bunch more via a humble bundle. Can't remember if the humble bundled added the PDFs to my Paizo account...

Nylanfs

Adventurer
It's nice that they are giving discounts to people who own the PDFs. I am guessing that you have to have bought the PDF through them? I bought a number of PDFs through Paizo, and picked up a bunch more via a humble bundle. Can't remember if the humble bundled added the PDFs to my Paizo account...

Yes the humble bundle is on your Paizo account, that's what I did also. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How does Fantasy Grounds know which PDFs you have purchased from Paizo? Is there a way to link your accounts?

Apparently there is. Doug told me this -- "Another notable thing about this release is that Paizo has opted to provide the PDF for free to anyone buying the product on our site through a custom linking process between our two websites. If the person already owns the PDF from paizo.com, they can use the same linking method to retrieve that information on the fantasygrounds.com website and they get the entire cost of the PDF discounted from their order."

smiteworks

Explorer
How does Fantasy Grounds know which PDFs you have purchased from Paizo? Is there a way to link your accounts?

If you go to the https://www.fantasygrounds.com site and then choose Help > Paizo Account Synchronization, it will provide a mechanism to link your account to your Paizo account. Once you've done that and retrieved a list of purchased PDFs from Paizo, adding any of those to your cart within the FG store will show a discount equivalent to the PDF price.

ddaley

Explorer
Well, that was fairly painless ;) Who would have thought to look under Help when they needed help?!? I am all sync'ed up now. Thanks.

If you go to the https://www.fantasygrounds.com site and then choose Help > Paizo Account Synchronization, it will provide a mechanism to link your account to your Paizo account. Once you've done that and retrieved a list of purchased PDFs from Paizo, adding any of those to your cart within the FG store will show a discount equivalent to the PDF price.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases