Pathfinder's On Fantasy Grounds

I mentioned previously that Pathfinder was coming to Fantasy Grounds. That happened last week, meaning that the Virtual Table Top is now an official licensee, and the first batch of products, including the Core Rules, Bestiary, Kingmaker adventure path, and more are already available. FG's head honcho Doug Davison said that "they've been very strong sellers so far, supplanting the official D&D add-ons that normally dominate our Weekly Top Sellers list in the first day. It is customary for a new release to have a spike as interest and hype are the highest at this stage; however, most third-party products still fail to dislodge D&D from the top seller list. This will be an interesting metric to watch as they go head to head and especially as new products launch for both publishers at the same time."

Piaoz is providing the PDFs for free to anybody who buys the Fantasy Grounds version, and if they have the PDF already that is discounted from their FG purchase. "For example, if the customer already bought the Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition PDF from Paizo, they can buy the FG add-on for only $18 instead of the normal $60. The Core Rulebook, Bestiary and Advanced Player's Guide each get $10 off due to the less expensive PDFs for those products."[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

TheSwartz

Explorer
I don't play Pathfinder, but I think this is awesome. Anything to get more people using Fantasy Grounds, which I think has been fantastic! Worth every penny. And, it should only get better when they release the Unity version..

AND... This is exactly the model that I'd LOVE to see WOTC follow. A little frustrating to pay multiple times for the same exact D&D 5e product.. (though FG is great at discounting these, especially if you've purchased other D&D 5e FG products)

Last edited by a moderator:

epithet

Explorer
Meanwhile, Wizards of the Coast still expects people to pay full price for the hardcover and full price for the Fantasy Grounds module.

I have to say, while I have gotten a little worn out by Pathfinder, I have a lot of respect for Paizo.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
That's good news. Although I still prefer to create my campaigns from scratch as I alter a lot of stuff.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases