Recreating a character?

suplee215

First Post
New here so not sure if this should go here or somewhere else. I recently experienced a lvl 1 character death in the first session of a game. I am beginning a new campaign (but at the same store with most of the same people but the DM is different) and am debating making an extremely similar character (but a little more fleshed out backstory wise as I had some time to ponder). I was wondering if this is a dnd/role playing taboo or not. Sorry if this too confusing of a question.

neogod22

Explorer
In Adventures League, your faction will have you brought back to life for free at levels 1-4 if you want to play the same character. Also from 1-4, you can recreate your character as much as you want as long as you keep the same name (mainly for logging and magic items acquisition purposes). So feel free to do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

suplee215

First Post
Sure if one wants to play a specific type of character(s), making one as similar is OK. I recall a time when we had some players who only wanted to play a certain type of warrior or a certain type of wizard, etc, so what you ask is not unheard of.

From personal experiences, my groups had always when we started a new campaign, we used to create multiple 1st level PCs. (Because of the 1st/low level death rate.)

Each PC would be unique, as we rolled all stats.

We also used a chart for creating an outline for a background. From social status to birth order (and any siblings) to parents (profession and if they are living/dead and how) to if one's PC has a spouse and any children, etc.

So even if one wanted to create a similar character, the charts we used created enough diversity that no two were exactly alike. Their backgrounds would be different. And odds of getting similar stats (starting gold and equipment) would be low too.

So wanting to create an extremely similar character to a past character is not unheard of.

If the DM allows it, I say why not.

Thanks, yea I usually attempt to play something different but here the itch is just too strong. Plus the character evolved a lot in my head.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases