The Dark Goddess Urslaad

Alan McFarlane

First Post
I had pictured in my mind a dark goddess who would be the thorn in the side of all do gooders, a foul being whose darkness reached out from beyond the lower planes.

I have drawn her, if someone could give her some cool powers and stats I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• the dark goddess urslaad.jpg
    the dark goddess urslaad.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Clay_More

First Post
Wow, thats a really impressive picture, are you a professional artist or is it merely a hobby? Anyways, ill be thinking about some stats / powers for her, I bet Krishnath, Raets or other of the regulars might lend a hand when they come in.

Alan McFarlane

First Post
Thanks.
This is the thread of my work. Art Gallery, Cartography & Miniatures > Alan McFarlane Pics - New peice in!

I have just recently started doing up characters for people on this site. I am currently doing a private comission and then I am back to doing some free stuff.

I am hoping someone can turn Urslaad into something everyone can loathe/fear/ run away from or maybe foolishly make a stand against.

I have this idea of Urslaad being abhorent to the other gods, cunning, malicious and utterly evil. However I believe she needs to go down a different road to that of the usual chaos/hate architypes, perhaps something more unusual or seemingly benevolent in her projected self then the true image of her that I have drawn. Perhaps madness could be her forte. The use of dark tenticles that can change into hard edged darkness is one power she may have. I am rambling.

I am open to any suggestions, take a look at the picture and see what she does for you.

Krishnath

First Post
Hmm...

Size: Large
Class Levels: 10 Wizard/10 Cleric/20 True Necromancer (the spell levels evenly distributed between cleric and wizard, this is from Tome and Blood BTW.)
Creature Type: Undead (Outsider)
HD: 20d12 (base) +10d12 (wizard) + 10d12 (cleric) +20d12 (true necromancer)

Str 34, Dex 26, Con --, Int 32, Wis 32, Cha 32,

Notes: Use either the lich template or the deathknight template to create the undead, start with a 20HD large outsider with no powers.

Divine Rank: I suggest a number below six, five seems good.

Domains: Chaos, Death, Evil,

If you feel like it, you could use one of her salient ability slots to grant her an additional domain, I suggest either Trickery or Magic. If you have the FRCS however, you might consider the darkness or undead domain instead.

Later,

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Hey she's hot, let her be some sort of seductress demony thing :D

Or, I've always wanted to see a female counterpart in the traditionally dominated demigod/god/lich category.

She needs a history of some sort, for some reason I think her killing another god in the past, only the other gods are just a whee bit afraid to take her on.

One ability I could think of for her; Necromancy spells have no level limit, so if a spell only allows you to animate one per level up to 15th level, she can do it to any level.

Maybe some sort of possession ability, allow her to take hold use her possession power on the gods themselves, now THAT would give them a reason to fear her. :D

And if we are trying to avoid the whole chaos/evil thing I would suggest maybe Fertility or Lust domains (Fertility is in Nyambe, I forget where Lust is from)

Krishnath

First Post
Beware, Vile Joke Approaching Fast!

Frog Slime: Well, see, KitsuneKaboom is trying to meet the prerequisites for the Lichloved feat... :p

blackshirt5

First Post
I might stat her up later on tonight, it'll mostly be me thinking of the picture while I'm at work, but it'll be different from a D&D god; she'll just be a very powerful outsider(in keeping with the way I stat the gods in my homebrew).

Still the picture is very inspiring, thanks for posting it up.

Alan McFarlane

First Post
getting there...

I love this.

Maybe some sort of possession ability, allow her to take hold use her possession power on the gods themselves, now THAT would give them a reason to fear her.

A thorn in the side of other gods is even better and having previously killed another god she will give them good reason to fear her.

Being not the highest level she will need to specialize in trickery I suppose.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases