Really need help on a class/subclass build to accompany a arcane trickster.

The charachter is a Gnoll.

Gnoll
+2 str +1 dex
60' DV
speed 30
bite; 1d4+ str
rampage; as per MM
carrion eater; gains adv. vs injested poisons and diseases
Lang; Gnoll, Abyssal (showing the subconcious demonic influence)

His companion is Moon elf maiden arcane trickster/monk. The Gnoll was raised in captivity but the maiden rescued him. (She actually saw him as an abused animal. He sees her as an avatar sent by the Moon godess to set him free). He dedicates his life to protecting and adventuring with her. He is very animalistic and feral.

At first I thought a claw type fighter or barbarian would suit him but then I thought a Long death or Silent Death monk would be an interesting take. He would move through the shadows as a predator pouncing on his ladies foes.
Do you think this would work and if so how to get the most out of the theme.

thanks

mellored

Legend
You probably want someone who can stand in front and tank, rogues need someone adjacent to enemies to sneak attack.
So I recommend (moon) light cleric.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Vengeance Paladin for the tank to help his mistress plus his own haymaker SMASH capability.
Use some Dark Sun fluff for his equipment - he uses as much of the bodies of his defeated foes as possible; flesh is food, shells / carapace is armor, his dagger is a dragon fang, his sword is a metal-dipped rib bone, entrails become spell components, sinews make good rope, &c.
Train him in Intimidate.
Learn Moonbeam somewhere along the way. He raises a wolf howl to cast the spell and invoke the attention of his goddess.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases