Character background narrative writing

texastoast

Explorer
Hopefully this is the best forum for this offer. If you have a sketch of a PC background that you would like to see filled out into a narrative story, post it here and I'll write it up for you. For a sample of what I'm talking about check this thread. For now I'll commit to doing one story a week, but if there's demand and I get better at it maybe I can increase that. The more details you provide the easier it is for me and the less I'll veer from your mental image of the PC by my additions and changes, but if you have a rough outline that you want me to fill in with my own ideas I'm happy to do that too. In principle this should be viable for any system, but my only RPG experience is with D&D (specifically 2e and 5e), so take that for what it's worth.

If you're wondering why I'm offering to do this, I want to develop my story writing, and specifically character development, skills. I also may use the stories I produce to inspire NPCs in games I run, and hopefully one day characters in published material.

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
Working character backstories is my favorite part of the process, so I will not be sending any of my PCs/NPCs your way.

Still, I want to applaud you for this. So many players are not inclined to create those histories, for whatever reason, so I'm really happy that you're stepping up to the plate to assist with anyone who'd appreciate some help with that aspect of PC creation.

Whether my own work or someone else's, I really like these short stories that fill out a sense of a character. They fire up my own imagination when planning adventures, and are an especially wonderful asset when running a sandbox campaign.

If you get any takers, I hope you post those here in the thread.

Remove ads