I've finally completed my story hour. 1st through 20th level... done.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
For anyone who says "We have enough story hour pimps on the boards", keep in mind I haven't pimped mine for almost a year, and I'm announcing that it's finished. So there chump.

I've had my campaign, THE ADVENTURES OF THE KNIGHTS OF THE SILVER QUILL/ SPELLFORGE KEEP going for about two years now. The campaign's been over for a few months, but I've taken a long time writing it up. Why? Well, the first chapter was just over 1,800 words long. The last one, completed late last night, was 17,520 words long.

The modules covered are:
Gorgoldand's Gauntlet
The Sunless Citadel
The King's Games
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
The Horror Before Dawn
Glacier Season
White Queen's Gambit
The Witches' Lamps
Beyond All Reason
Bastion of Broken Souls
Return to Gorgoldand's Gauntlet

So. Just saying- I don't know how many there are in the story hour forum, but my story hour is completed, from first adventure at first level through the end-of-the-world ending at 20th. All in the world of Greyhawk, "which is not the Forgotten Realms"™.

To start from the beginning, go here: www.dr-midnight.com/kotsq/tales.htm
To read the end, go here: The (last chapter of) the Adventures of the Knights of Spellforge Keep

Last edited:

tmaaas

First Post
And a phenomenally well done one, too.

If you haven’t read it yet, do yourself a favor. It’s got great writing, character development, plot twists, etc.

Great job, Doc & co.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
You're the man Doc...

You're the man, Doc!!!

*high fives Doc Midnight*

Great storyhour. Awsome epic finish.

Hope you write another one.

Of all the great story hours of this board, this is IMHO the best one. Intelligent writing and interesting characters accompany you from the beginning to the end.

Doc Midnight leads you smoothly through the story but just when you think you see where he's heading, the plot twists - but not artificially, far from it.
What so great abour the story is that it all fits into the big picture and that it does so naturally. Doc forgets nothing and ties up loose ends in an unexpected, but always fitting way.

In fact, I'll be going back to the beginning of the story myself, today.

Thanks Doc !!!

advachiel

First Post
Classic tale. Can't believe it's finished

I've decided to de-lurk momentarily to praise Doc on his fine storyhour. I couldn't agree more with all the words of appreciation and encouragement posted to Doc over the duration of this truly epic tale. In fact, take all those kind words and at the least double them, that's how much I've enjoyed this saga. :p

Like all the great books I've read and enjoyed, Doc's story had me gripped from the very first paragraph, addicted to every sentence and left wanting after every chapter. The bonus this has over any book though is the additional comments, witty banter and songs by the many fans.

Now that it's finished I feel both elated at having experienced such a complete classic and sorrowful that there'll be no more.

Very, very, well done Doc.

Artoomis

First Post
Very nice. Sad, that it's over. Or is it?

It would be great to start over with a group that begins in a few hundred years from the end....

Remove ads