Pathfinder 1E Airship WIP build for my Parthinder campaign -- photos inside

I hope this is the correct forum for this!

I am running a high level Pathfinder campaign right now (starting at level 12) and it takes place in Lingshen (Dragon Empires). I have been working on the idea for this campaign for a few years now. It combines high level play (to cap stone, and possibly Mythic) with court intrigue, mass combat of vast armies, hordes of dragons, Kaiju (thank you, Bestiary 6!!), and mechs. Imagine Dragon Ball Z meets Ran meets steampunk ...

There are two ways to get around in Lingshen: Option 1 are professional Teleporters which can teleport people between cities. There are also airships.

Of course my players are chomping at the bit to take to the skies and are expecting some adventures among the clouds; who am I to disappoint them? :) The thought of getting some of my players a few hundred feet in the air with a massive air bladder full of highly combustible gas makes me giddy. :)

I started thinking about how I can make an airship piece of terrain and after looking around at various model sites I settled on kit bashing a pirate ship, a Navy blimp, and a P-61 fighter plane.

After purchasing the models I laid out all the pieces and dry fit a couple of configurations that I liked. Once I narrowed down the basic idea I separated the pieces that I need to use and today I started the first step -- assembling the hull. I had to apply some green stuff to eliminate the gaps in the hull, but it added some weight along with the stability so it should work a treat once it's dry. After I file down the green stuff I will move on to the next part, which will be fitting a wood block into the hull. The wood block will be used to fit *something* which will attach the air bladder (blimp) to the hull.

I also did some preliminary mods to the fuselage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases