Melee Training : Int (or Wis)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
engaging in toughness training ;) not a real fight then the guy makes it personal with an insult
in front of someone Holmes would rather impress.
So Holmes switches gears.

Power Name "Overwhelming Beat Down".
flavor "This must register on an emotional level"
Wis vs Fortitude, probably even an encounter power
with some of the damage being psychic.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
OK to be honest back in the earliest days when I was first exposed to D&D, I thought it was pretty ridiculous that only Strength determined to hit and damage... I had been exposed to martial arts from my father and was well aware that precision and perception and methodology could exploit your adversaries own strength turning those apparent brute force advantages against them. At minimum it made the fighting styles of the thief and monk and anyone "not a knight" seem all wrong. The uber-glorification of heavy armor also bothered me although the monk at least ameliorated that somewhat, you wouldn't build the bare chested "movie conan" with a monk. So yeah the use of other attributes for combat is on my list of 4e cool stuff.

I can build that Conan or a wonderful Zorro or Bartitsu using Sherlock Holmes in 4e.... yes the latter arent exactly on genre in many ways but it isnt like D&D ever held closely to any genre.

Last edited:

Remove ads