Discovery Trailer

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Getting back to the actual show.

gallery-1518519821-starships.jpg

Its closing scene then shows the USS Enterprise and USS Discovery coming together before the end credits roll alongside the music from Star Trek: The Original Series.

Series executive producer and co-creator Alex Kurtzman has opened up about the big reveal, telling Variety: "The show is called 'Discovery'. It's not 'Enterprise'.

"So yes, the Enterprise will play a part of season 2 but it will absolutely not overshadow Discovery."

Kurtzman added: "And I think with Enterprise's arrival in the finale we recognise that the audience has a lot of questions about our synchronicity with the original series, which really means our synchronicity with canon.

"So the promise of the Enterprise holds the answers to a lot of those questions, including Spock's relationship with his half-sister who he's never mentioned. Which does not necessarily mean you're going to see Spock, just that we owe an answer to that question."

Star Trek: Discovery is definitely coming back for season two – though we don't have an air date just yet.

What we do know is that season two will feel more like traditional Trek.

"We have time to do things like more away missions, newer planets," said executive producer Aaron Harbert.

"These are stories that might fall a little bit more into a framework of allegory that people love to get from Trek."
SaveSave
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Mallus

Legend
Sunday was doubly hard for me: no more Discovery or American-style football. At least the Eagles won the Super Bowl & Disco was renewed for another season.

Good thing Legion and the Expanse have new episodes this year.

Hussar

Legend
Sigh, I know the feeling. Just binge watched the first season of Legion. What a trip show. Waiting on all sorts of shows now. Bloody Japanese Netflix and Hulu are so far behind. Grrr.

At least I have stuff to look forward to. Hey, when is the next Netflix Marvel series coming out?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That the black badges were Section 31.
There's an imbedded video in the link that seems to show the original final scene, which they apparently replaced with the scene of the Enterprise.

Can’t view it atm. But yeah, figured that was s31.

Remove ads