Discovery Trailer

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Klingons have changed three times already. I find it hard to be bothered by a fourth.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Water Bob

Adventurer
The trailer looks good to me. High production values. Story looks interesting.

I don't like the uniforms.

Alien make-up, sets and props look fantastic.

I sure hope they changed the design of the Discovery from what we saw in the Teaser.

Alghough this looks good, it's probably not going to be enough to get me to subscribe to CBS All Access.

Water Bob

Adventurer
My preference for the various series actually go in order of production date.

1. Star Trek
2. Star Trek: The Next Generation
3. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Excellent once Worf comes on and the Dominion War heats up)

4. Star Trek: Voyager (missed opportunity)
5. Enterprise (another missed opportunity)

Movies:
1. Star Trek The Wrath of Khan (the all-time best film)

2. Star Trek The Motion Picture (has grown on me a lot over the years)

3. Star Trek The Search For Spock (needs a stronger third act)

4. Star Trek The Voyage Home (not dating well, used to love this one)

5. Star Trek Beyond (surprised me how "Trek" this one was)

5. Star Trek The Undiscovered Country (Rura Penthe bores me)

6. Star Trek (popcorn movie, but many things bother me about it)

7. Star Trek Generations (Kirk should have died on the bridge of a starship, saving the day)

8. Star Trek First Contact (never saw what everyone else seems to see in this one.)

9. Star Trek Insurrection (Feels like a two-hour TV episode)

10. Star Trek Into Darkness (like a sugar high, liked it at first, then that ran out of gas)

11. Star Trek The Final Frontier (good idea poorly executed)

12. Star Trek Nemesis (Just don't like this one)

Hussar

Legend
Y'now, I just rewatched DS9. I really enjoyed the rewatch until they kill off Jadzia. The final season of DS9 just really failed to grab me in any way. They kill off Jadzia/Dax, then completely ignore canon and let Ezria/Dax join the crew, and pretty much invalidate all the emotional effect of killing off Jadzia.

Then we had the whole Wraith/Dukat thing where he disguises himself as a Bajorran? Blearg. I just thought the whole plot line was ridiculous.

But, I do agree, up to Season 6, DS9 was a great show.

Water Bob

Adventurer
The real missed opportunity was Star Trek Insurrection. That movie came out right in the heat of the Dominion War shown on DS9. It was an opportunity to connect the TV and the movie--to have a Trek movie about WAR! All kinds of Trek morality problems could have been presented--those awesome, disguised statements and war and what not. Plus, it would just be cool to see what the Enterprise was doing in the war. They could have had the Enterprise pick up Worf off of DS9 for some special reason related to the plot.

But, no.

Instead, they gave us and OK movie (meh, as a movie, but is probably a good two-hour TV episode) instead of something really great that connected with the TV show.

At least the war was mentioned in the film. The powers that be at Star Fleet didn't want Picard in the war because of his connection with the Borg (who had nothing to do with the Dominion War), so they kept him far away from it.

Now, they'll let him command one of their brand new fancy starships. And, he'd just saved the timeline against a Borg attack. But, hey, he's not in good enough shape to fight the Dominion.

Big. Missed. Opportunity.

Last edited:

At least the war was mentioned in the film. The powers that be at Star Fleet didn't want Picard in the war because of his connection with the Borg (who had nothing to do with the Dominion War), so they kept him far away from it.

Now, they'll let him command one of their brand new fancy starships. And, he'd just saved the timeline against a Borg attack. But, hey, he's not in good enough shape to fight the Dominion.

Big. Missed. Opportunity.

Umm..your confusing the reason with First Contact and you have forgotten that Worf was on leave from DS9 when they went to the briar patch due to Data learning too much and getting damaged and then going rogue for a bit.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Insurrection

Water Bob

Adventurer
No, it was Insurrection. There was a throwaway line in that film as to why the Enterprise is not in the Dominon War.

I'm saying that it was a big missed opportunity that a Trek movie based on the Dominion War should have been made in place of Insurrection.

Picard should be fighting the Dominion, not in some back sector checking out the Ba'ku.

No, it was Insurrection. There was a throwaway line in that film as to why the Enterprise is not in the Dominon War.

I'm saying that it was a big missed opportunity that a Trek movie based on the Dominion War should have been made in place of Insurrection.

Picard should be fighting the Dominion, not in some back sector checking out the Ba'ku.

If you had clicked the link :

"Aboard the USS Enterprise-E, Doctor Beverly Crusher fusses over the collar on Captain Jean-Luc Picard's dress uniform. Reading from a PADD, Counselor Deanna Troi repeats an alien greeting for the captain to memorize: "Yew-cheen chef-faw, emphasis on the 'cheen' and the 'faw'." Similarly decked out in his dress uniform, Commander William T. Riker arrives at the captain's quarters to gather the other officers – the guests are getting impatient. They are also eating the flower arrangements on the banquet tables.

As the four officers march down a corridor and into a turbolift, Riker breaks it to the captain: the Enterprise has been ordered to the Goren system to mediate a territorial dispute. Picard expresses his dissatisfaction, with the Federation embroiled in a bloody war with the Dominion, the Enterprise and her crew have been relegated to a diplomatic role. In that capacity, Picard and company are playing host to new protectorates, the Evora. "Can anyone remember," Picard wonders, "when we used to be explorers?""

Remove ads