D&D 5E Rise of the Necromancer OOC

eayres33

Explorer
My late night posts are the worst. :)

So I'm sure this wasn't clear in my post last night, but I will get setting info on nations/rulers/major cities up this weekend, and I have some race and culture info already posted, the standard races culture will be in the kingdom posts. If you have any questions on minor cities, minor cultures or any thing else that you don't think would fall under the above please let me know.

Sentinel Lothoc Stalnox
Medium humanoid (Green Dragonborn), Lawful Evil

Armor Class 17 (Splint, disadvantage on stealth (19 with Shield))
Hit Points 12
Speed 30 ft.
Initiative

{Point Buy}
STR 17
DEX 10
CON 14
INT 15
WIS 8
CHA 10

Saving Throws. Str +, Dex +2
Skills. Athletics, History, Perception, Persuasion,
Senses.
Languages. Common, Draconic, Sylvan
Tools. Dragon Chess
Background; Knight {Retainers; 1 Child of a Noble to be trained in combat, 1 Kobold as carrier and 1 Kobold as Banner Bearer}

Actions
--------------------
Longsword; melee, +5 To Hit, 1d8(1d10) +3 slashing
HandAxe; melee, +5 To Hit 1d6 +3 slashing
Breath Weapon, 2D6 Poison (half on succes), 15ft cone (Con. Save)

Features and Traits
--------------------
Damage Resistance; Poison
Dueling; when using a Weapon in one hand and none in the other you gain +2 on your Dmg Rolls.
Second Wind; On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1D10 + your fighter level. recharges on a short/long rest

Equipment
Starting Gold. 125+170 = 290
--------------------
Splint Armor (-200)
Shield (-10)
Longsword (-15)
Handaxe (-5)
a set of fine clothes, a Signet Ring, Scroll of Pedigree
Backpack; bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days ration, waterskin, 50' Hempen Rope.

Remaining Gold; 65
Carrying Capacity 255 lbs.

Bio
From a young age Lothoc was ambitious to make it to the top, any means neccesary. wether it meant training twice as hard as his fellow Soldier or accidently letting some hidden truth leak out. The few friends he had blamed it on his Chromatic Lineage, others would say he just had a nasty personality.
whatever the reason his aims were always set on the next step ahead, the next rank.

Born in Kilbay he spend his childhood training under his father, a squad leader in the Kilbay Guards, while at days it seemed harsh he didn't mind this lifestyle.
as long as he preformed towards expectations he would be praised, if he didnt... well lets say it made him stronger. Lothoc never knew why his father was so strict on him, nor did he much care, for all it did was make him stronger.

As his strength grew, so did his possistion in the Kilbay Guard, that was until a few years ago. He was summoned before Eskizi, Captain of the Kilbay Guard, he would be transfered to Fearvault and serve as a Knight for a Noble household. The Krahe House. Why he was chosen he did not know, maybe they saw him train? Perhaps. or perhaps one of his Higher-Ups spoke highly of him during a meeting? Unlikely.

Whatever the reason his new possition as Knight came with a lot of Perks. Great Housing, a few Servents, many priveleges and he could even explore Magic whilest here. if Lothoc was planning on moving up this was definetly the right direction. there was however... a slight catch he didnt see comming. He was also intrusted with the Training and babysitt... Protection of one of the Nobles Son's, Strum Krahe. Whom he has to take where ever he goes too.

think i have everything now ;) i'll add a background after you updated the front page

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Okay status update, the major cities/tribes of Dakar have been updated. I may get the major organizations up tonight or they may not go up until tomorrow, my Monday off switched to a full day of work, so I've fallen a little behind.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Okay we're back from traveling! And working on finishing up characters, and adding backstories.

I think I'd like to go with a noble of some kind - expected to eventually take over the "family business" or "represent them" in some way, but still young and untested enough to be allowed to go out and have some bad (aka hella good) experiences.

I'm thinking from Gao, seems about right. I don't know if being related to the actually Dutchess is aiming too high or I / We should make up a new family. What do you think?

Gao

Huge City
Corruption: Record Breaking
Qualities: Trade, Gambling, debauchery
Government: Monarchy
Population 50,000 (Human 60%, Halflings 5%, Goblinoids 5%, Kobold 5%, Orc 5%, Elf 5%, Troll Kin 5%, other 10%)

Notable NPC’s
Duchess Lena Hogan ruler of Gao
Crazy Maximilien main gambling contact and owner of Crazy Maximilien’s Lightning Half-Sphere
Thorin Strongbow – leader of the Satar Crime Syndicate
Beatrice Longfuse – owner/manager of the Ugly Goat Tavern

Gao is the largest city-state in the alliance, a hot bed of trade. Gao is a mix of all races and cultures mud huts sit across the road from decadent temples. Crime is high in Gao where almost anything can be found and everything can be lost.

eayres33

Explorer
Okay we're back from traveling! And working on finishing up characters, and adding backstories.

I think I'd like to go with a noble of some kind - expected to eventually take over the "family business" or "represent them" in some way, but still young and untested enough to be allowed to go out and have some bad (aka hella good) experiences.

I'm thinking from Gao, seems about right. I don't know if being related to the actually Dutchess is aiming too high or I / We should make up a new family. What do you think?

I see no problem with the character being related to the Dutchess, third cousins or something like that should work fairly well.

eayres33

Explorer
Okay so I hope to have this game off the ground early next week. If you are going to need more time, (or need more information) please let me know.

Currently I have

FitzTheRule -Warlock
Fradak –Djahakar Zhul, Ranger (revised) –we have talked about the character and I think we are on the same page.
Creamsteak – Boros the Liar,Bard, rough draft/mostly complete
Fenris – not a barbarian
Queenie – Rogue
Searinox Nagharha – Sentinel Lothoc Stalnox Fighter, this looks complete.

Fenris

Adventurer
Casca

Casca.jpg

Attachments

• Casca.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Good to see something moving this way, almost thought I would retire the post as done, and wait for on to the other setting's I kickstarted to come into play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases