Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder:Kingmaker isometric CRPG

https://owlcatgames.com/

This has more of my interest (and hopefully delivers a lot better) than the MMO Pathfinder game. I'd certainly play a good old fashioned CRPG, with PF rules - then the computer has to do all the hard number crunching with the buffs/de-buffs etc! I probably won't support a kickstarter, if it comes to that, but will be interested in the final product if/when it arrives. But they don't have a publisher and/or have not decided to publish it through their own company (makes free to play games and this won't be). So the business side doesn't inspire much confidence

EDIT: But lead designer Chris Avellone is a name I've heard of, with an impressive pedigree! So the gaming side inspires a lot more respect.

jeffh

Adventurer
Avellone's involvement is an excellent sign.

I wonder if they'll even try to implement the hexcrawling aspect, or for that matter the rulership side. Any links to anything that addresses that?

ZeshinX

Adventurer
I have little confidence in this. It's an untested developer in this area (granted the people involved do have quite the pedigree in designing RPGs, even if they are all over 10+ years past). The last time this happened, we got Sword Coast Legends (and that had full publisher and development budget, no crowdsourcing).

Also disappointed this is based on an AP instead of an original work from the ground up. That doesn't make it bad, just unfortunate they couldn't make it work as an original story (I'm sure money played a near-single factor in that call).

Speaking budget, $500,000 is highly ambitious for what they're looking to implement and accomplish. I don't think they'll manage that, but I hope they can.

I've been wanting a Pathfinder CRPG for a while now, so I've put my money where my mouth is and backed it. I'll give these folks a chance to prove me wrong on all of the above. Hopeful, but expecting little.

Link to the Kickstarter if anyone's interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases