[Looking for Players] Hero system 5th ed revised, Sundays. Anchorage Alaska.

Zerith

First Post
I'm planing to start a game of hero system, hopefully get session zero going by the 28th of this month.
Session zero will decide what setting and theme will be played, getting character creation started and to decide the meeting place for future sessions.

If your are unfamiliar with Hero system 5th Ed revised, know that it is a point buy 3d6 system that is exceptionally customizable and versatile system: and when I say customizable, I mean the system allows the, I think, easy creation of Tony Stark, The Rabbit of Caerbannog, a storm giant and Ball Boy as wholly competent starting characters. [sblock=Really?]Yes, the bouncing fat kid can be exceptionally brutal in combat... Depending on how fast he is. rules for move through can make him either a worthless joke or a freight train charging through mountains... needless to say, I don't allow abusive speeders who can travel at light speed and ram without ill effect![/sblock]
This is just to point out that the system allows almost any character build without funky loopholes to jump through.

A Note about the system, while I love hero System, it heavily front loads on character creation. regardless of if a character is low, mid, or high points, it takes nearly the same amount of time and effort, I would compare the average effort needed to a mid high level DnD character. The trade off, however, is that improving a character is very easy once they are made.
Accounting for this, I am fairly forgiving about oversights in creation. For example if a sneak picked up stealth, but ended up forgetting concealment and or Shadowing, I would allow said character to instantly buy the mentioned skills, going as far as advancing points to pay for said skills. That said, the sneak could not expect to randomly instantly buy breathing underwater (unlike a properly themed water mage, lets say)

I welcome all questions and hope to see interested players, in the Anchorage Alaska area, respond!

~Zachary

Last edited:

Remove ads