Pathfinder 1E [SF] How will fantasy marry convenience?

Testudo325

First Post
MY four-year old son has recently become enamored with gelatinous cubes. As we spoke at the dinner table about what could hurt them in real life, I thought they would really be useful as table scraps. Now, there are a number of animals and other natural elements routinely incorporated into our modern lifestyles to accomplish mundane tasks. Pigs and dogs eat table scraps, cats eat rats, and so on.

So my question is how will various flora and fauna be incorporated into the futuristic landscape of Starfinder? I could see gelatinous cubes being easily contained as waste disposal on starships (I'm thinking my first stab at a SF adventure might be what happens when one gets out—think a less cuddly, more acidic "Trouble with Tribbles." Or what about some type of bio-torpedoes loaded with rust monster payloads?

What are some unique things you can think of?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No additional creatures spring to mind besides otyughs or some kind of fire elemental for more waste disposal options.

Zombies, elementals, constructs or anything else that you don't need to feed, water or air for can essentially provide free energy.

Ents or Awakened flora could provide articulate info on the ships' biosphere. Awaken could also screw up plant-based air-scrubbing systems.

Intellect devourers could be an utter terror unleashed on a ship's bridge.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Slimed of any kind would not be welcome onboard.

Intelligent undead, elementals and constructs would be good damage control crewmen. (Don't need air.)

Remove ads