What to play after the Scroll Thief?

Sunset

First Post
What adventures are followed up by the Scroll Thief adventure? My players want to pick up the hints given in the adventure.
Next in the line seems tp be Drums in the Marsh but I see no connection to the Scroll Thief.
Thanks for help.

rooneg

Adventurer
The adventures from that season are not closely linked to each other (beyond all being set in Phlan), so you can play whatever one you want (assuming your characters are the appropriate level).

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Drums in the Marsh covers another aspect of the Cult of the Dragon's machinations against Phlan, so it ties into the overall story even if it's not a direct sequel to The Scroll Thief.

Most of the hints in The Scroll Thief won't be paid off until Tyranny in Phlan and, after that, Pool of Radiance Resurgent. Those are both Tier 2 modules, so unless your group all made level 5 (or can Catch Up to that level), it would be better for you to run a few of the other Tier 1 mods to get your party ready to face those challenges.

--
Pauper

kalani

First Post
I second Drums in the Marsh. That was a pretty good adventure. I also highly recommend "Tales Trees Tell", as this is the introduction to a prominent NPC from Season 4 (Jeny Greenteeth).

There is also a recurring subplot with one of the characters introduced in season 1 - Elisande (and her blind goat). I strongly recommend you play every adventure in which she appears so that you get the full story leading up to the subplots finale in DDEX3-16 Assault on Maermydria.

She first appears in 1-3 Shadows over the Moonsea, and again in 1-10 Tyranny in Phlan. She doesn't appear again until 2-11 Oubliette of the Iron Forge (which is also a tier 1 adventure, but I don't recommend playing it before Tyranny of Phlan), 3-7 The Malady of Elventree, 3-10 Quelling the Horde, and finally 3-16 Assault on Maermydria.

She also plays a prominant role in one of the DDAO adventures, but since this adventure has not been released to the general public yet (as only DDAO-001 Window to the Past is currently available on the DMsGuild), you are unlikely to get a chance to play that particular adventure.

Remove ads