Starfinder Starfinder News From PaizoCon - Core Rulebook, Races, Guns, Alien Archive

Every year, Kobold Press' Wolfgang Baur attends the banquet at Paizocon, which always features a slideshow and presentation of new products and announcements. And every year, Wolfgang snaps photographs live and shares them, and every year I post 'em (along with his comments) here. So, another year, another round of the Paizocon Banquet! In this post, I'll show the Starfinder related goodness (Pathfinder will be separate). Here goes! (Starfinder is, of course, Paizo's upcoming Pathfinder-in-space core rulebook, releasing at Gen Con this year).
Every year, Kobold Press' Wolfgang Baur attends the banquet at Paizocon, which always features a slideshow and presentation of new products and announcements. And every year, Wolfgang snaps photographs live and shares them, and every year I post 'em (along with his comments) here. So, another year, another round of the Paizocon Banquet! In this post, I'll show the Starfinder related goodness (Pathfinder will be separate). Here goes! (Starfinder is, of course, Paizo's upcoming Pathfinder-in-space core rulebook, releasing at Gen Con this year).

DA4hXguUAAEuCuE.jpg

Ten years. Pics? Oh yes.

DA4l5Y8VYAAM7gc.jpg

First up in the previews: Starfinder with James Sutter--and a copy of the Core Rulebook! Tomorrow: Starfinder Delve playable at the Con! 528 page core rules. Bring on the holy plasma grenades! Technomancers, mystics, Vesk reptilians, etc. Qig ratfolk are scavengers. Playable AIs, Exocortexes, androids, and even humans!

DA4nUReVwAEz_0U.jpg

Shorten race page from Starfinder. Classes will all have 4 sample builds.

DA4oCboUQAIUteS.jpg

Tactical combat chapter, and hints at differences from Pathfinder. (Magic missile still in the game!)

DA4oW98VYAACHzY.jpg

Microbot assault spell! And spacefaring goblins!

DA4osC-VwAAoKEl.jpg

Guns! Lots of guns!

DA4o87vUwAE_fBj.jpg

Dwarves and elves are NOT core races in Starfinder

DA4qNPJUIAAyE6C.jpg

Core setting is in the book. Aballon is a machine world... Hell Knights are a faction! Xeno Wardens are new.

DA4qeD6VwAAJwzx.jpg

Azlanti Star Empire!

DA4q6WIVwAAo3LW.jpg

The Starfinder RPG adventure path starts with Dead Suns. Includes Absalom Station gazetteer, Alien Archives, etc

DA4rWz0UQAAXGDd.jpg

Dozens of playable races and hundreds of monsters in the Alien Archive.

ddaley

Explorer
After buying the core Star Wars FFG books and a number of adventures, we gave up on it after one session. The range bands killed it for us. We are looking forward to Starfinder. I doubt they'll go down that range band path.

I keep telling myself I've already invested in Star Wars FFG so I don't reeeally need this. Ok who am I kidding. Day one
purchase!

I keep telling myself I've already invested in Star Wars FFG so I don't reeeally need this. Ok who am I kidding. Day one
purchase!
That's my thoughts. FFGs' books are so expensive, I want to justify their purchase and play that game. And, really, if I wanted a science fantasy RPG using the d20 system, I do have Star Wars from WotC... three versions!
I'm not sure how much Paizo's world and setting appeals to me over other beloved established space franchises.

When does the Alien Archive release. There is no mention of it on Paizo's Product Schedule, which already runs through September....
October:
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9s2l?Starfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Alien-Archive

With a Pawn set the following month:
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9sjx?Starfinder-Pawns-Alien-Archive-Pawn-Box

Brodie

Explorer
Considering Starfinder has rules I need for space combat and the fact that I think setting looks cool, I definitely feel the need to get this.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I gotta sit closer next year. But yeah, the Starfinder system and space combat in particular look really, really interesting.

I'm a big fan of starship combat rules, going back to my love of FASA's Trek stuff in the 80s. Played plenty of systems, written three! What would you say makes Starfinder's stand out? (I can't wait to try it).

Remove ads

Remove ads