Do you have an FLGS?

• Yes

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.5%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you have access to a friendly local gaming store? (You can ignore the friendly part for the purposes of this question).

To clarify, I mean a store which:

1) Has at least some focus on tabletop games (RPGs, boardgames, card games, minis, etc.) -- but it can have comics and stuff too. Just not "a shelf in the local bookstore".

2) Sells RPGs other than D&D and Pathfinder.

3) Is within a distance you personally consider "local" (which will vary, but its how far you feel it's not too much of an inconvenience to travel to check out, buy, or play new gaming stuff).

4) Isn't a big chain or anything - no Walmarts or the equivalent, who sell everything. Or chain bookstores.

I, sadly, do not. The closest is a shelf at the local Forbidden Planet, which sells some 5E, some Pathfinder, and I think I saw some FFG Star Wars. It has plenty of boardgames, but I don't consider it qualifies.

Last edited:

Bluenose

Adventurer
Several, in fact. Being close to Birmingham, and not really that far from Burton on Trent, helps. There's even one in the smaller place I live which sells a variety RPG material, though its a shop that's far more about mini-games, card games, and board games (and just round the corner the weekly gaming club sometimes has people disposing of their older games including RPGs, though it isn't a shop).

Yes, but I don't consider it "mine". Meaning that I don't frequent it. I guess the distance is reasonable, but it's about a half hour away and not in a direction I regularly travel. Actually I usually only go that way when I'm going to the store or driving out of state. They hold regular Friday night gaming,which my brother frequents, but I don't.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I do, but I have to drive into another city in an adjacent county to get there. Totally worth it, though.

Sadly, my gaming group has kind of imploded, so I haven't been to my FLGS in some time. I'm not into D&D 5th at all, and I already have most of the books for the games I like.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
My answer is "sorta". I play at a pay-per-seat gamign place. It also sells product but not as it's primary business model - it doesn't carry inventory except minor things people could want at a session (dice, etc.), but when a new 5e book comes out it accepts pre-orders from regulars and through distributor contacts.

I do have a comic store store with a decent selection of minis and a few shelfs of RPG less than a mile away as well - I figure between the two fo them it works out to "yes" in the poll.

darjr

I crit!
Two of my Favorites, The Game Shoppe in Omaha and Bellevue, both within a half hour of my home.
But that's not all. There is Dragons Lair which is a very close second and has a TON of rpg stuff on the shelf. They have several large comic book like 'crates' of em too. And there are two locations, both about the same time away, though the smaller one is closer. There is Ground zero, both an Omaha and Bellevue locaiton, both within an hour of my home.

After that there are stores that run D&D in them, Legends and Krypton, big comic book stores. Sparta which is more like a bar but they have an active RPG group that runs all kinds of things. An hour away is Hobby Town in Lincoln. The card shop Underground Gaming has a Wednesday group that meets.

Remove ads