[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

hero4hire

Explorer
You all arrive seconds from each other. As you do Pseudo makes no move to acknowledge those who enter. Instead, he hovers amidst a number of holographic display panels that are constantly shifting and changing to different locales. Some of you have heard rumors that the alien has taken up a sort of permanent 'Monitor Duty'. Indeed there is gossip that the Grue has not left the Lighthouse in over a year.

hybrid.jpg

There is a long uncomfortable moment of silence before Pseudo announces in a hollow monotone.
"There is a hostage situation at the Hunter Museum of Natural History. The FCPD STAR Squad is on site but has reported at least two metahumans involved. Police Commissioner Barbara Kane has requested our assistance." Pseudo pauses for a moment before continuing in the chilly tone, not once making eye contact. "Take a teleportal to Freedom City and Report to Captain Maddicks. He will be able to give you an updated assessment of the situation."

tglassy

Adventurer
"Is there any information on the meta's?" Hawk asked. "Or is that something we need to wait to talk to Capitan Maddicks for?"

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
"I figure the Captain would know that," Hex suggests, giving Pseudo a concerned look. He seemed so...out of it. Was that normal for a grue? Like he was a robot or something. But then again, maybe an alien wouldn't emote the way a human would recognize it?

"I can get us to the museum from the teleportal. It'll only take a second."

She gets to her feet.

hero4hire

Explorer
"I figure the Captain would know that," Hex suggests, giving Pseudo a concerned look.

"Indeed." replied the Grue in his stoic tone with his eyes still focused on the holographic displays. "The Captain can provide you with real-time intelligence. It will be more efficient if you save your questions for him."

tglassy

Adventurer
John closed his eyes, "Fine. Let's get going, then."

John begins to head to the Teleportal planning to take it down to Freedom City. "Anyone coming?"

OOC: edited by GM

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenKarl

First Post
Tarantula smiles under his mask replaying "So now we get to try out the teleporter and fight crime? Someone pinch me I think I am dreaming. Have I mentioned that being in space is pretty much the greatest thing ever? Well that and this cool costume they made me. And that I am a part of the Freedom League. And that I get to fight crime..."

He continues to ramble a bit as the team starts to head for the teleport machines...

OOC: edited by GM

Last edited by a moderator:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Lighthouse/Dorms
Afternoon

“Remember to turn in your lab workbook on Friday,” Professor Higgins said as the TA handed out the results of their last quiz.

“A B. You can do better than that, Todd,” Adam said as he handed Heather her quiz.

Heather sighed and gave the upperclassman a rueful look. “Sorry. I’ll try harder next time,” she said. If I can find the time to study between duty shifts with the Legion.

Gathering up her backpack, Heather headed out of the classroom.

“Hey, Heather! Want to hang out tonight?” Susan called after her.

Heather turned around, walking backward. “Sorry, can’t. I need to study and finish up that lab report.” And I need to put in some time in the Wreck Room.

Heading across campus toward the monorail station, Heather considered her options. She could head back to her apartment in Riverside, but Freedom Hall was downtown and closer, so she hopped on the rail and got off at the downtown stop and took the teleporter up to the Lighthouse.

Finding the Wreck Room in use, Heather figured she would chill and get some of that studying done, but first she wanted a shower. Peeling off her clothes as she crossed her room, using her telekinetics to deposit her bag onto her bed, she hopped in the shower. She was in the middle of shampooing her hair when Pseudo’s mental contact intruded.

“Son of a--” Heather muttered, the voice of her sister Tamar in her head stopping her from completing the swear. Heather quickly finished her hair and jumped out of the shower, grabbing a towel and drying herself off. She pulled on some athletic undergarments and grabbed her uniform out of her closet, pulling it on.

Heather ran into the rest of the team as they were heading toward the teleport platform. “Sorry I’m late,” she apologized, pulling up her hair into a ponytail. “What did I miss?” She settled her diamond mask over her eyes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases