[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2usfq7s.jpg

Astral
Freedom City/Hunter Museum of Natural History
Afternoon
Round 0

As they talked to Maddicks, suddenly there was a flash of lightning. Astral blinked away the afterimages. “What was that?” she asked. It had taken the Heart of Dakana!

[sblock=Actions and Saves]
Fortitude save: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
Perception: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Conditions: Force Field, Mental Communications
Hero Points: 0
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2usfq7s.jpg

Astral
Afternoon
Round 0

Astral walked over to the display that had just been robbed. “What do you know of this Heart of Dakana?” she asked Maddicks. “Was this just simple robbery? That was an awful lot of trouble for just a heist. Should we talk to the museum staff?” she asked the others.

Move:
Action:
Reaction:
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Hex shook her head, befuddled. "All that...all this...and they still got it. Why? If they had someone who could do that, why not just send that person in to start with? All these people!"

She turned away to stare at the sword, still lying on the floor under the dome of her warding spell.

"How can we safely deal with this?" Hex asked her spellbook.

It ruffled its pages.

"Now that the battle's done and there's time to do it right, you can try dispelling the magic in it," suggested the Grimoire. "Though with artifacts, the effect of that is most likely temporary. I would say banish it to some other plane or bury it in lead deep underground or sunk to the bottom of the sea...but the nature of things is that this sort of object has a way of coming back until one deals with the source of it."

"The source?"

"The demon. Destroy it, and the sword has no power. Until then...contain it as best you can in this day and age, and prepare for the battle to come."

hero4hire

Explorer
Maddicks chewed on a nub of a cheap cigar. He took a deep breath and let loose a greasy cloud of smoke. Reb and Knight...They don't do anything without an agenda. Straight up racist as ya can get. Maybe Sleeping Beauty will give us some answers". the cop pointed at White Knight with one paw-like hand. When he wakes up. Those dead guys probably won't be talkin'. Speakin o which Spiderboy ain't lookin so hot!" Indeed the Awesome Arachknight known as Tarantula was slumped to the ground unable to regain his feet.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2usfq7s.jpg

Astral
Afternoon
Round 0

“We do have a space station. Perhaps we could eject the sword into the void,” Astral suggested. She went over to Tarantula to check on him. “I assume you have paramedics here. You should get them and get Tarantula to a hospital. We can retrieve him when we return to the station, but he needs medical attention.”

Astral looked to the others. “Do we have a way to restrain White Knight so we can question him? I can see what I can get from him while he’s unconscious.”

Moving over to the unconscious man, she reached out with her mind to see if she could read his.

Move:
Action: Mind Reading DC 20 Will
Reaction:
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Hex frowned and leaned down to peer at the blade curiously.

"That's odd. I...I don't feel any power in it anymore. Maybe the demon left on its own."

Her grimoire shuffled again, leather scraping against ancient parchment.

"Maybe. The weapon could be just one of many prepared instruments it can use."

Hex closed her eyes and shook her head.

"I thought it would be some kind of unique, horrible thing. Something we could destroy and then it would be over."

The book chuckled dryly. "The demons that use that sort of thing were banished long ago. Anything surviving this long has learned to do things smarter, I expect. So you just have to get smarter too. A prisoner's a good place to start."

"Right."

The modern-day magician looked over to where Astral was busy, waiting to see how she did.

hero4hire

Explorer
Astral gets a flood of images involving brutality and racism that she is unable to penetrate. Disgusted, she is left with nothing but a bit of unpleasant psychic residue in her mind. The psionic equivolent to having a "bad taste" in your mouth

Remove ads