[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

hero4hire

Explorer
After the plan is formed Prometheus looks to the future once again. This plan finds the hostages safe but combat immediately ensues and the fog of war clouds any kind of accurate prediction.

GreenKarl

First Post
"Sounds like we have a great plan aye Prometheus? Lets go for it, daylight is a burning" Tarantula said, eager to get into a super villain fight!

Shayuri

First Post
Hex fished through the pages of the Grimoire, scribbling notes for herself on Post-Its and sticking them on here and there to keep track of the modifications. After a moment she looked up at everyone and nodded.

"Ready as I'll ever be. Let me know when they're ready, Astral."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
29lfrrr.jpg

Astral
Freedom City/Hunter Museum of Natural History
Afternoon
Round 0

Astral nodded and closed her eyes, calming her mind and opening it. She filtered out the nearby ‘voices’ and reached into the museum, finding the hostages.

Stay calm, don’t move, and just listen, Astral spoke quietly into their minds. We are the Freedom League. Help is on the way. We will get you out safely. You will feel a touch of power. Do not resist it. Let it happen and you will be free of here, she promised.

Astral opened her eyes. “Okay, Hex. We’re ready,” she told the mage.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Hero Points: 2
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Right then."

Hex took a breath, then started reading from the Grimoire. Almost immediately the air was heavy with the smell of ozone and an oppressive heaviness. A dark grey cloud erupted from thin air over the museum and roiled with pink and violet lightning within it. Similar colored sparks of energy gathered around Hex's hands and arms, arcing over her as the spell gained momentum.

At the height of the spell, a shimmering lavender energy filmed over her eyes as she sent her perceptions into the museum to spot the hostages. Thunder boomed overhead...and the cloud spat a lance of brilliant lightning downward!

The lightning sluiced through the roof of the building as if it wasn't even there, causing no damage in the process. It branched, splitting into countless dozens of arms that spread into the hostages, each one finding a single target out.

(They may make a Dodge resistance check if they wish)

Those who allow, or fail to move quickly enough to avoid, the lightning are consumed in flashes of light, and ripples of thunder reverberate through the museum!

An instant later, another bolt of lightning descends behind the police line. Those who vanished within the museum reappear there, in exactly the formation they'd been before. Only now, safe.

Hex gasps and puts a hand to her temple as the strain of the spell hits. She swallows nervously then looks up and nods.

(Going to save my HP, so 1 level of fatigue taken!)

hero4hire

Explorer
At Hex's cue, Hawk uses his mastery over the fundamental forces gravity to bend space/time and the heroes quickly replace the excavated innocents.
"My oh my! I told yew we'd have company, White Knight! Seems like we have ourselves some Junior Leaguers here!" The saber-wielding clansman called from the Diamond display.
"Damn! I was hopin' to roast me up some 'dark meat' Johnny Reb. But I guess I will hafta settle for these wannabes! BURN HEROES!"

OOC: Initiative! Please include your current HP and Condition resulting from your turn in somewhere your combat posts. Clear mechanics description of your characters' actions in an ooc section is also preferable. Kahlessnestor's OOC section is a workable example.

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC:
Initiative Count
Black Diamond 21
Johnny Reb 20
Tarantula 19
Prometheus 17
White Knight 17
New Age Nazis 15
Hex 11
Hawk 6