D&D 5E 5th Edition OGL Guide

ChapolimX

Explorer
I will start this very slowly and see if it gains traction.

This wiki thread intends to be a list of third party published OGL books compatible with D&D 5th edition.

Everyone is welcome to contribute.
I think it is nice to have a brief description of each product, but to avoid to much expansion perhaps would be best to let adventures and small rules supplements just with title and link.

CUBICLE 7 ENTERTAINMENT LTD.

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide

In Adventures in Middle-earth™ the greatest fantasy setting of all time comes to the world's favorite roleplaying game rules! Take your gaming group to Middle-earth with this thematic and atmospheric, OGL-compatible setting guide.

Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster's Guide

This Loremaster's Guide presents inspiration, guidance and additional new rules to help you create and run encounters, adventures and campaigns in the world of The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™, using the OGL ruleset.

EN PUBLISHING

EN5ider

EN World EN5ider is the new way to get regular gaming supplements and adventures online. For a small monthly donation, you will receive rules supplements, gaming advice, adventures, and more. You get one item per week (including one adventure per month). By subscribing you also gain access to a backlog of more than 150 issues.

FROG GOD GAMES

Fifth Edition Foes

Fifth Edition Foes is a first step into supporting the Fifth Edition of everyone’s favorite roleplaying game. The monsters in this book should be familiar to anyone who enjoyed the Tome of Horrors supplements (all four volumes of it) published by Necromancer Games during the Third Edition era.

Book of Lost Spells for Fifth Edition

This massive compendium of magical mayhem ought to satisfy even the most discerning necromancers and thaumaturgists, and they aren’t easy to please (especially the necromancers). Weighing in with a total of 708 spells.

Quests of Doom

Adventures worth winning written by consecrated authors and inner talents from Frog God Games. Each chapter of the books is a stand-alone module that can be placed anywhere in your own campaign world, wherever you need it. The adventures are not a series and are not linked to each other.

GOODMAN GAMES

Fifth Edition Fantasy

All these adventure modules are fully compatible with the fifth edition of the world’s first fantasy RPG, and ready to play in your home campaign!

KOBOLD PRESS

Tome of Beasts

Whether you need dungeon vermin or a world-shaking personification of evil, the Tome of Beasts has it. Here are more than 400 new foes for your 5th Edition game-everything from tiny drakes and peculiar spiders, to demon lords and ancient dragons. This is a regular monster book that can be used in any campaign but is also a bestiary to the world of Midgard published by Kobold Press.

Book of Lairs for 5th Edition

This are small supplements that contains new spells, magic itens, archetypes and rules related to Midgard special magic. They will be included in the incoming Midigard Campaign Setting Revised or the Midgard 5E Heroes Handbook.

Deep Magic for 5th Edition

This are small supplements that contains new spells, magic itens, archetypes and rules related to Midgard special magic. They will be part of the incoming Midigard Campaign Setting Revised or Midgard 5E Heroes Handbook.
Included: Angelic Seals, Battle Magic, Blood and Doom, Chaos Magic, Clockwork, Dragon Magic, Elven High Magic, Illumination Magic, Ley Lines, Ring Magic, Rune Magic and Shadow Magic.

Demon Cults & Secret Societies for 5th Edition

Demon Cults & Secret Societies brings 13 nefarious organizations to your tabletop game, each with its own sinister agenda. Their plots range from the conquest of nations to daring heists of the greatest of treasures, from redefining the nature of truth to extinguishing the sun itself! Great campaigns need worthy villains. Discover conspiracies, plots, and mayhem to thrill and entertain your players for years!

Streets of Zobeck for 5th Edition

What happens when adventurers become the owners of a brothel? When a roguish associate asks them to attend an oligarch's masquerade in his place? What lurks in the Cartways besides kobolds? And what will you say when another thief tells you the only way to find a treasure is to become hunted by the Praetors? This official Midgard adventure anthology for levels 1 to 10 is easily portable to any city setting.

NOCTURNAL & ONYX PATH

Scarred Lands Player's Guide

Drawing enthusiastically on Greek mythology, the revised and re-imagined Scarred Lands nonetheless retains its place as a modern fantasy RPG setting. This is a world shaped by gods and monsters, and only the greatest of heroes can expect to be counted among them. The most populous continent of Scarn, Ghelspad, plays host to vast unexplored regions, hides unsolved riddles from ancient cultures, and taunts adventures with the promise of undiscovered riches hidden among the ruins of older civilizations.

NORD GAMES

Ultimate NPCs: Skulduggery

A tool for Games Masters and Players alike, Ultimate NPCs: Skulduggery is a collection of fully fleshed-out characters to populate your game world. Occupying the seedy tap-houses and criminal underbelly of civilization, you’ll find a variety of thieves, assassins and mercenaries within, each with the backstory and statistics necessary to run as an NPC or player character.

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde presents a variety of the classic monstrous races, including gnolls, goblins, kobolds, orcs, and trolls, fleshing out their cultures, habits and habitats, and introducing a wealth of stat blocks to challenge your players from level one to the end of their adventuring careers.

SASQUATCH GAME STUDIOS

Primeval Thule 5e Campaign Setting*

Primeval Thule 5e is a sword-and-sorcery campaign setting redesigned for 5e. Inspired by the tales of Robert E. Howard (Conan), H.P. Lovecraft (Cthulhu), and Clark Ashton Smith, Primeval Thule is a dark and mysterious continent you can either integrate with your existing RPG campaign or use as the foundation for a new one. Only the bravest and most resourceful can survive and thrive in Thule. But beware! Thule is a dangerous place full of barbaric wilderness, decadent city-states, horrific monsters, and eldritch mysteries connecting it all.

Primeval Thule 5e Player's Companion*

Primeval Thule 5e GM Companion*

Primeval Thule 5e Adventure Anthology*

SASQUATCH GAME STUDIOS

Ultramodern5

The mission of U5 is to present 5th EDITION rules for use in non-fantasy settings. These include pre-modern settings, contemporary settings, and those that are far flung fantastic and futuristic. U5 presents modern and science fiction rules in a game usually reserved for fantasy. There is no established setting in U5.

Apex

Apex is a module for DEM's Ultramodern5, a plug-in rather than a full setting: a set of rules and ideas to allow any number of homebrew settings to work within it. There is a basic background involving people who gain unnatural powers, but don't let that limit you if you wish to use it as a jumping off point.

Neuropasta

NeuroSpasta is a cyberpunk/transhumanist setting using 5th Edition rules, compatible with both Ultramodern5 and Amethyst. In this book, you’ll find… NOTE: Requires either Ultramodern5 or Amethyst: Quintessence (Ultramodern5 recommended).

Amethyst: Quintessence (5E)

A new adaptation of Amethyst based on the 5th edition (5E) of the first fantasy roleplaying game, the defining RPG of the last, current, and most likely next generation.

FOOTNOTES:

* This product was designed before the release of a 5th edition SRD. It was based on the 3rd edition reference so it may contain some tweaks in language but is compatible with 5th edition rules.
TO BE RELEASED ...

Last edited:

ChapolimX

Explorer
Yes, please! And if you have any suggestion about formatting and organization let me know. I did it by intuition and think this may need to improve as more material gets added.

ChapolimX

Explorer
I mentioned every publisher I can recall from memory but the list of books is not complete.
I know Green Ronin and Enworld have books coming but I opted to only list books available for sale.
I probably missed some publishers, I thought I once saw something about a modern scenario with 5th edition rules but I can't find now.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Frog God Games also has adventure compilations in hardcover:

Quests of Doom 1 volume 1
Quests of Doom 1 volume 2
Quests of Doom 2
Quests of Doom 3

Kobold Press also has Book of Lairs in perfect bound book format.

ChapolimX

Explorer
Thanks for your suggestions. :)
Added them to the list but only found 3 Quests of Doom books (besides Pathfinder).

:n:
As a reminder to all, since this is a new feature on Enword: This is a wiki thread, so if anyone is interested in a comprehensive list they can add stuff directly to the first post clicking on the edit button. Still, if you not inclined to do so, an indication of missing titles on the posts is helpful too.

ChapolimX

Explorer
What about smaller/independent/self publishing? What about the DMsG?

Well, my idea of this thread is to make a list of OGL books, so no DM's Guild stuff.
The main reason is to keep focus and prevent the list from becoming too big/messy.

I think smaller/independent/self publishing are fine, assuming they are books, OGL licensed and compatible with 5th edition rules.
So, feel free to add some if you like! :)

I suggest people to group products that belong to prolific product lines, as I did with Goodman Games adventures, in order to keep concision.

Remove ads