Wonder Woman Spoilery Review

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
It was okay but not great and the crazy praise for it, is a bit much. Found it just above the level of Suicide Squad or Dawn of Justice, which is about all DC movies.

horacethegrey

First Post
I thought this was the best superhero movie I've seen in years. I admit to being a big MCU fan and liking most of the movies in their lineup. But honestly, Wonder Woman just blew them out of the water by how good it was. For comparison's sake, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger are the MCU movies that share similarities with this. I love Thor man, but I thought WW handled the mythological aspects and fish out of the water comedy much better. And Steve Trevor (a winning Chris Pine) is a much better human love interest than Jane Foster by miles. As for Captain America, I was always disappointed at how that movie shied away from depicting the Nazis and used Hydra as a proxy. At least here, Diana is in the actual trenches of World War 1 and seeing the true horrors of modern warfare (well, for the time period at least).

And yes, it's the best film in the DCEU, though that's not saying much (I HATED Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice). But this movie gives me hope that DC Warner's Cinematic Universe is not a lost cause. Big props to director Patty Jenkins and of course to Gal Gadot for making such a fantastic film.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I give a plus for the leads being well cast and working well together, and for being interesting characters.

The ending was too much the same as BvS. The Aries thead was poorly done. They could have left him out and had a great story.

The theft of the notebook made no sense. Who does live tests of experimental weapons in the middle of a busy base? With no security? With key documents left out for any passers by to steal?

Thx!
TomB

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I thought this was the best superhero movie I've seen in years. I admit to being a big MCU fan and liking most of the movies in their lineup. But honestly, Wonder Woman just blew them out of the water by how good it was. For comparison's sake, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger are the MCU movies that share similarities with this. I love Thor man, but I thought WW handled the mythological aspects and fish out of the water comedy much better. And Steve Trevor (a winning Chris Pine) is a much better human love interest than Jane Foster by miles.

Thor was a terrible movie all round:)

Anyway just seen Wonder Woman and got to agree that it is a very very good movie of the genre. I'd say its on par with Logan and Winter Soldier, although I'd still rate Logan as the best Superhero movie so far.

I really liked the interaction between Diana and Steve, the comedy of her not understanding the 'modern mindset' and her naivety about the 'reality of the situation' carried the story elements well especially when contrasted with the horrors of the trenches and the flashiness of her fight choreography.

The German BBEGs 'Villainy' was appreciated for its comic book shtickiness although it did somewhat telegraph the twist but that was redeemed by Ares soliloquy giving his motivation some novelty.

I liked it and will see it again..

No, no no. The difference is Ludendorf's appearance. In our universe he looked like this: https://www.bing.com/images/search?...07371BAB516FAED037FBCCBABD6FE88E0&FORM=IARRTH In an alternate universe he looks just like John Houstan.
Actually he looks more like Danny Huston. :D

We watched it last night and loved it. We didn't think it quite beat out Dark Knight for best DC movie ever (though it was close!), but it's definitely better than any of the other DCU stuff.

My son is now excited about Justice League.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
S

The plot had some real good moments (she realize killing the baddy doesn't make humans better morally), some plot holes (one night of sailing and your in London?)

Why, where is this fictional island? Is it nearer to Gotham? Or Metropolis? Or Star City? Central City? National City? Grodd's Gorilla City?

cmad1977

Hero
Thor was a terrible movie all round:)

Anyway just seen Wonder Woman and got to agree that it is a very very good movie of the genre. I'd say its on par with Logan and Winter Soldier, although I'd still rate Logan as the best Superhero movie so far.

I really liked the interaction between Diana and Steve, the comedy of her not understanding the 'modern mindset' and her naivety about the 'reality of the situation' carried the story elements well especially when contrasted with the horrors of the trenches and the flashiness of her fight choreography.

The German BBEGs 'Villainy' was appreciated for its comic book shtickiness although it did somewhat telegraph the twist but that was redeemed by Ares soliloquy giving his motivation some novelty.

I liked it and will see it again..

Despite Logan having mutants(and being great) I'm not sure i would classify it as a 'superhero' movie. It's themes and content push it beyond that for me.

WW is absolutely one of the best superhero movies for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just got back. Loved it. That film had heart, and Gadot has some serious charisma. It was funny where it needed to be and poignant where it needed to be without feeling too preachy. The action was superb - although i I had one criticism about the final battle its that I don't like the glowy special effects package that WB seems to have bought a job lot of.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases