D&D 5E Xanathar's Guide to Everything -- new mechanical expansion/UA book! -- November 10 with a limited-edition cover by Hydro74

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Xanathar's Guide to Everything confirmed -- November release! The picture we saw yesterday is the limited-edition cover by Hydro74. Apparently Xanathar is enamored with his pet goldfish, which is represented on the cover.

This is the new mechanical expansion/Unearthed Arcana book!

Screenshot 2017-06-03 10.25.15.png

It will include new traps and downtime rules.

Chris Perkins: "If the fish ever dies, it creates mass panic in the organization, as everyone scrambles around ..." "It's died like 5 or 6 times and everyone had to replace it. And if Xanathar ever found out, he would go crazy and vaporize everything."

Mike Mearls: "Tools and toys for Dungeon Masters to expand their game."

Jeremy Crawford: Each class gets "2 or more" new subclasses, except Wizard, which gets 1. (Mearls said there would be 3 new subclasses for each class on-stream, but that figure was incorrect.)

Source: https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/871071659825872896

Edit: The Nov 10 release-date is for WPN stores. Nov 21 is the general release.

Last edited:

Tormyr

Adventurer
Unearthed Arcana has been the previews.

Will the Mystic and Artificer be ready in time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean previews of the finished product. There can be a lot of difference between what UA had and what ends up in the book. As we get close to release date, page previews will start appearing.

I just reread the part of the announcement where it says all classes will receive three new subclasses except the wizard, and my mind added, "...they will get 8!" ;)

CrusaderX

First Post
I mean previews of the finished product. There can be a lot of difference between what UA had and what ends up in the book. As we get close to release date, page previews will start appearing.

Right. And I'm sure some of the new published subclasses have appeared in UA, but its also likely that there will be new ones that we haven't seen before. The Bladesinger in the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide never appeared in an UA article. So I'm expecting some surprises.

I'm particularly hoping we get a Paladin of Freedom/Liberty!

Satyrn

First Post
Unearthed Arcana has been the previews.

Will the Mystic and Artificer be ready in time?
No. WotC just released their UA versions on DM's Guild for people to play with because WotC feels that new classes require far more playtesting and perfecting to make their deadline for this book.

No. WotC just released their UA versions on DM's Guild for people to play with because WotC feels that new classes require far more playtesting and perfecting to make their deadline for this book.

Did they say that in the feed? I'm not sure what the turnaround time is for WotC to be able to squeeze them in the book under the deadline for the publisher, but is it possible they are trying to get in one more month or so of playtesting and still be able to have the book ready for a November release date?

Beyond that, I'm glad that we'll be seeing a lot of new subclasses confirmed, as will my gaming group. And I do find the backstory hilarious, just imagining this all-powerful thieves guild in a mass panic over a goldfish. I do wonder how the metaplot will be tied into the actual game information though...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases