[Closed]Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery

loxmyth

First Post
Hello,

I'm looking for a few new players to round out the PC group in my homebrew D&D game with Fantasy Steampunk elements. The players are students in their last year of study at a prestigious university in the most powerful city in the civilized world.

The play style so far has been a lot of investigation and exploration, but the potential for a bit of combat is also there.

Some world background is in the Out of Character thread, which can be found here and the In Character thread is here.

I am looking for about 2 - 4 more 1st level characters. Most any character concept is welcome, but my only unbreakable rule is that they must be able to work with a group.

Thanks,

~loxmyth

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Thinks: I would like to get in on this but I am in a couple of games just starting and a few other things. ...

So I'll just lurk for a while . . . :)

loxmyth

First Post
Seonaid said:
I don't know Fantasy Steampunk . . . would that pose a problem?

Nope, no problem at all. The idea is generally that you are in a normal fantasy world, filled with magic, elves, dwarves and all that implies... along with steam-powered and mechanical contraptions like trains, clocks and the like.

I'm sure you would quickly pick up the nuances, and it's not really important unless you want to play a technology oriented character.

Seonaid

Explorer
Okay, I'm definitely interested. Could you give me a list of the current characters so I could get an idea of what to play? I looked at the OOC thread, and couldn't tell from that. From the IC thread, it looks like you have only 2 players! :)

loxmyth

First Post
Seonaid said:
Okay, I'm definitely interested. Could you give me a list of the current characters so I could get an idea of what to play? I looked at the OOC thread, and couldn't tell from that. From the IC thread, it looks like you have only 2 players! :)

We currently do only have two players. That's why I'm recruiting more. ;) The players that are currently still playing are:

1) Forge Ironsong (Argent), A dwarven enchanter whose interests lie in meshing magic and technology.
2) Froud Galviniminium (Uriel_fire_of_heaven) - A gnomish mechanist, who is Forge's roomate and friend.

So as you can see, the possible concepts are wide open. We lost five other players... two of them don't seem to post on ENWorld at all anymore, and the others dropped for reasons unspecified.

What are you interested in playing, if you don't mind me asking?

Seonaid

Explorer
I was thinking a human wizard who is skeptical about technology. She sees it more as a type of magic that has not yet been tapped as opposed to invention (I have to work on that a little). She's a little kooky, but very bright and likeable, so everyone allows her her idiosyncracies. It doesn't hurt that she (rather, her family) has a lot of money.

loxmyth

First Post
Sounds good, now all you need is to post a character. I'll need a 1st level character built with 28 point buy. And as you'll be a student, I'll need a major from you as well. Background can be fleshed out as we go along if needed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases